ProScan: Proscan not recording with line-in (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Right. But it’s good to rule out audio ground loops
In your case, you don't have a ground loop because your using batteries. However you're using a Uniden portable so the Ground Loop Isolator will suppress the popping at the beginning of transmissions due to a DC component riding on the audio.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ordered. Thanks so much!!!
A Ground Loop Isolator will not fix the original problem with the Line In input not seen by ProScan or the other software you tested it with.
Did you try the following?
1) Change the Line In to Disable then back to Enable.
2) This may be a long shot but check the Privacy Settings - Microphone and then change some of the settings and see what happens.
3) Uncheck this option and see what happens

Untitled.png

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I started having the same problem since last weekend when I last used ProScan for recording... but there was at least one windows update that installed this week that I'm thinking may have messed up a setting that I haven't figured out yet.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I started having the same problem since last weekend when I last used ProScan for recording... but there was at least one windows update that installed this week that I'm thinking may have messed up a setting that I haven't figured out yet.
Sometimes the "same problem" is not actually the same problem. So let me ask you: Are you using the Line In input and is it showing enabled? If it is the same exact problem then see my post #25 and advise on what you tried.

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
A Ground Loop Isolator will not fix the original problem with the Line In input not seen by ProScan or the other software you tested it with.
Did you try the following?
1) Change the Line In to Disable then back to Enable.
2) This may be a long shot but check the Privacy Settings - Microphone and then change some of the settings and see what happens.
3) Uncheck this option and see what happens

View attachment 95249
I tried the line in properties, unchecking "exclusive control" as you suggested, along with microphone privacy settings, all to no avail either with ProScan or with Audacity. HOWEVER, Proscan audio recording works fine on my Toshiba Windows 10 laptop. I've followed another suggestion the web and ordered a USB sound adaptor. We'll see. By the way, my desktop is an all-in-one with a single 3.5 mm input jack for line, microphone, earphone, or speakers, governed by Maxx Audio Pro. The Toshiba laptop has a separate input for line or external mic.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I tried the line in properties, unchecking "exclusive control" as you suggested, along with microphone privacy settings, all to no avail either with ProScan or with Audacity. HOWEVER, Proscan audio recording works fine on my Toshiba Windows 10 laptop. I've followed another suggestion the web and ordered a USB sound adaptor. We'll see. By the way, my desktop is an all-in-one with a single 3.5 mm input jack for line, microphone, earphone, or speakers, governed by Maxx Audio Pro. The Toshiba laptop has a separate input for line or external mic.

Wow sounds like we have the same computers... mine is a Dell all in one also with the single audio jack with the Maxx Audio.

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
I've played with ProScan and my Windows 10 settings to the point where I can record and playback the National Weather Service from my BCD436HP via Line In. But I'm unable to hear the scanner audio thru my computer speakers. I've tried all the advice online for playing line-in audio thru computer speakers. Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.