Proscan Not Seeing SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I had to reset my Windows 10 laptop and Proscan refuses to see the SDS100 now, in any USB port, tried restarting both devices multiple times, refreshing ports, nothing works. Sentinel works fine, but Proscan will not function correctly. I'm getting an error saying "unable to open comm port" - "Check if other software is using port 3". If I start the scanner in serial port mode, I can control the scanner from the computer (port 3), but I have no way to communicate with the scanner to read from it or write to it.

Also, can anyone tell me why Sentinel never suffers from such issues? I've never had a single problem with it working correctly. It's only problem is that it's lousy software for editing favorite lists.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
can anyone tell me why Sentinel never suffers from such issues?
Because Sentinel doesn't use the serial port.

What are you trying to do. Read and/or write the Favorites to the scanner or using the serial port for logging/remote control.
{edit} If using the serial port, did you install the serial port driver?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Also for ProScan to read or write to the scanner, put the scanner in Mass Storage mode.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If I start the scanner in serial port mode, I can control the scanner from the computer (port 3), but I have no way to communicate with the scanner to read from it or write to it.
That's just the way the scanner is designed. Mass Storage mode allows access to the flash drive to change programming, Serial mode allows access to the scanner menu and remote control functions. Sentinel and ProScan are identical in that you have to use Mass Storage mode to update programming on the scanner via USB, and can't update the scanner via USB in Serial mode.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What about using the timed mass storage command that works in proscan?
I have connected to the PROSCAN PC with ANYDESK sent the command to the SDS200 and run SENTINAL
Posted by UPMan May 2018 MSM, 300 and ENTER will send the command to the scanner to switch to MASS STORAGE for 300 seconds then reboot back to serial mode.

Not really much explanation I can think of beyond the original description.

MSM,nnn <cr>

Go to mass storage mode for nnn seconds, then reboot back to serial mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.