ProScan: ProScan not showing MUTE button

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
I am running several instances of ProScan connected to 536HP, (2) 436HP, 396XT, and a 325P2. I have noticed when running the SCANNER displays in Display Sizeable, the MUTE button does not appear on the 396XT nor on the 325P2. It does show on all the others. The only way for the MUTE button to appear is to run the display in Scanner Only Dethatched or in Normal Display. I haven't tried any of the others. Was just trying to run in Display Sizeable to save some space. Is there any way to make the MUTE button appear on the Sizeable display?

1676912581689.png

1676912612653.png

1676912920879.png

Last edited:

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
And every instance of ProScan that you have running has those items checked?
Every one except the 396XT and the 325P2

But also on the Scanner Detached display, the 396XT even though it shows a speaker, it doesn't allow me to mute with that speaker.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
The 325P2 WILL MUTE from the Detached screen but there is NO MUTE button the the Sizable screen.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK, I thought you said that you didn't have them checked in the ProScan instances for those 2 scanners...

And every instance of ProScan that you have running has those items checked?

Every one except the 396XT and the 325P2

If you run just the one instance of ProScan for one of those scanners without any of the others running, does the mute icon show up then?

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
It's working now. I closed all other instances for the other scanner and when I opened the 396XT back up it showed up and worked. The 325P2 is working now too. I guess I have to start those before I start my other instances. Ok then.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
hit the menu button...?

that is the wife's idea, she uses that on the 396XT and the 325P2
There is no menu button available in the "Display Only - Sizeable" view that the OP is using.

Dog

OK, thanks,
but i like and use the menu thing when i need the radio muted.
it is easier than turning the volume down.
If it has the speaker icon in the lower right corner you can click on the speaker and mute with one click. no opening menus required.
1676912581689.png

Reactions: wtp

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your help. It is working now since I shut down all other instances and restarted them. I'm not sure what happened, but whenever I shut down my computer and power it back up I have to reconnect all of my ports to each instance. Maybe that has something to do with what happened. I'll get it figured out eventually. I am grateful for all of your help.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your help. It is working now since I shut down all other instances and restarted them. I'm not sure what happened, but whenever I shut down my computer and power it back up I have to reconnect all of my ports to each instance.

Just to verify @morrisr3nd ... you have a separate copy of ProScan (in its own folder) for each instance, yes? I ask because when I first started running multipe instances I did them all from the same folder, and I had to do that (fix the com port) every time I rebooted.

If you're already running multiple copies then it sounds like something is amiss with your PC hardware. com port assignments don't normally change unless you rearrange cabling, USB hubs, etc.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I am running each instance from its own separate sub directory.

This is a new (to me) computer and a new powered USB hub. I have not moved ports around and I made sure that I saved each setup when it is correct. I'm sure it's something that I am doing wrong.

Thank you so much.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes. I am running each instance from its own separate sub directory.

This is a new (to me) computer and a new powered USB hub. I have not moved ports around and I made sure that I saved each setup when it is correct. I'm sure it's something that I am doing wrong.

Thank you so much.
That's a driver to scanner comm. issue. If rebooting the computer then the scanners do require a power cycle after the computer boots. That's the way it is on the BCD996P2 and models after that. The only way to get around it is to use the rear DB-9 port on supported scanners or the LAN on IP supported models

Reactions: Dog