ProScan Programming software for BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I just heard from ProScan support, and they are looking at a minimum of 8 months before their software will support the BCD-536HP. Does anyone know if the ProScan software I program my 996XT with will also work with the BCD-536HP?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just heard from ProScan support, and they are looking at a minimum of 8 months before their software will support the BCD-536HP. Does anyone know if the ProScan software I program my 996XT with will also work with the BCD-536HP?

Actually this is what I advised via email

It all depends on time. It may take at least 8 months to do and I have pretty full schedule so not sure when or if. The next version of RadioFeed will have the newest Uniden scanners support as that just takes a few days to do.
to your question
Hello. I purchased your Proscan software some time ago. I use it to program my Uniden 996XT's. Any idea when the software will be updated to include the new Uniden 536HP?

lep

The included Sentinel software does it all...and it's free.

Since very few of us actually Have one of the new scanners, how do you know if "does it all?". I have ARC Patrol and it does things beyond Sentinel and I am hoping Gommert will provide new software that again, is an enhancement beyond the Uniden provided software. At the MSRP of the new scanners, ad-on software from a 3rd party is likely to be a trivial cost.

rma0100

Sentenial software control issue

I'll have my 536 tomorrow and I'll clear this up first thing. Unoden does NOT say that it will control (scan, etc) the scanner. I have DL'd the sentinel and I see NO place where it will cause the scanner to scan but I do not have a radio connected YET.

Unfortunately, my gut feeling is that it's memory management ONLY BUT there's $$$$ to be made so I'm sure it will be developed ASAP and I look forward to programming the radio and controlling it via WI FI. That alone will be nice. I'm also confident that FREESCAN will develop it sooooon.

ALSO, HRO in Salem, NH will have the new radios on the 27th or 28th for $599.95. Why buy from SCANNER MASTER when you can go to HRO if your local and SAVE the sales tax and shipping ????

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
ProScan software is worth the wait.

What ever it takes Bob. Proscan is my favorite scanner software and it's worth the wait. I wouldn't mind messing with a beta version !

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I'll have my 536 tomorrow and I'll clear this up first thing. Unoden does NOT say that it will control (scan, etc) the scanner. I have DL'd the sentinel and I see NO place where it will cause the scanner to scan but I do not have a radio connected YET.

Unfortunately, my gut feeling is that it's memory management ONLY BUT there's $$$$ to be made so I'm sure it will be developed ASAP and I look forward to programming the radio and controlling it via WI FI. That alone will be nice. I'm also confident that FREESCAN will develop it sooooon.

ALSO, HRO in Salem, NH will have the new radios on the 27th or 28th for $599.95. Why buy from SCANNER MASTER when you can go to HRO if your local and SAVE the sales tax and shipping ????

I think you are correct that Sentinel is only a memory management program (firmware & database updater too). Butel had Arc Patrol for the HP-1 that could control the HP-1 scanner and they soon will have a version for the x36HP radios but I do not know if it will also allow virtual control of the scanner. It may be available around February but I cannot remember where I got that date.

Unfortunately, the author of FreeScan has stated that the odds were LOW that he would support the x36HP radios. He supporting the HP-1 when it first came out but when the Extreme upgrade came out he officially stopped supporting the HP-1.

FreeScan is an outstanding program and I sure hope he changes his mind on supporting the x36HP radios (or my info could be bad! Lets hope I so).

oracavon

What ever it takes Bob. Proscan is my favorite scanner software and it's worth the wait. I wouldn't mind messing with a beta version !

I wholeheartedly agree. I originally got ProScan because I could use for both my 780 and my 996XT radios. Then the more I used it, the more I liked it. It's very feature rich, and future upgrades are included in the original price. Also, Bob has been very responsive in fixing issues and adding features requested by users (including myself).

I don't expect to get one of the new radios because the feature/cost ratio doesn't work out for me, considering that my 996XT has 95% of what I would use. But it would be a big letdown for me if I couldn't use ProScan for any of my future needs. I really like it that much. It costs more than other programs, but to me, it's well worth the money.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think the developer of Freescan is going to have to put hundreds of hours and months in developing a piece of software for these new models to work and program.

I think if the programs does come out its not going to be called FREE SCAN anymore. Catch my drift

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel is not a monitoring program. You use it for programming and firmware\db updating only. Butel ARC536 will be available soon (Q1 of 2014), but it is not free like Freescan.

lep

According to the Butel website the price is $29.95 for the basic version and $59.95 for the Pro version. It can be pre-ordered at these prices for download later. I use the Pro versions of several of the Butel programs and have found them to be good.
Like the HP-1, the two new scanners require a license from Uniden as the file structure is proprietary and the new software package is under license from Uniden.
With the HP-1 I use the ARC Patrol virtual scanner to monitor on the PC screen, Sentinle is just for updating the db and programming, it has NO provisions for on-screen monitoring.
Yes Freescan is "free" but there is NO announced version for the new scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.