ProScan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi there. I am having a problem with my ProScan. I have my scanner all hooked up and people are able to connect to it via ProScan remotely over IP....however I am unable to connect to my own feed on my own network?

Any ideas?

I have all possible firewalls I can think of turned off on my laptop with still no success. I get the Server Not responding Code 1 error.

Others have no problem connecting.

bemyax

Feed Provider
Having a similar error. When connected to my home network, I can Remote Scanner over IP fine from an internal address. When connecting through any of three external networks, I get "Server Not Responding Code 1".

I do get the error when trying to connect to some of the other published servers. I can not see an option for increasing a time-out setting, if that's what this code means.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Mine is the exact opposite. I can connect via external, as can anyone else...but I cannot connect internally while at home on my own network

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Having a similar error. When connected to my home network, I can Remote Scanner over IP fine from an internal address. When connecting through any of three external networks, I get "Server Not Responding Code 1".

I do get the error when trying to connect to some of the other published servers. I can not see an option for increasing a time-out setting, if that's what this code means.

Server Not Responding Codes are not timeouts, just error message that can't connect to the remote. Have you looked at the troubleshooting section in the doc? Do you have the router port forwarding setup and have you tried canyouseeme?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi there. I am having a problem with my ProScan. I have my scanner all hooked up and people are able to connect to it via ProScan remotely over IP....however I am unable to connect to my own feed on my own network?

Any ideas?

I have all possible firewalls I can think of turned off on my laptop with still no success. I get the Server Not responding Code 1 error.

Others have no problem connecting.

Are you using the local IP address? Double check the address and port#.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Some routers don't support Loopback so on your network you use the internal IP, off your network you use the WAN IP.

bemyax

Feed Provider
Server Not Responding Codes are not timeouts, just error message that can't connect to the remote. Have you looked at the troubleshooting section in the doc? Do you have the router port forwarding setup and have you tried canyouseeme?

Well, that was fun. Sorry to have detracted from the original post. My ProScan server can be connected only through a wireless connection. Network A is a wireless access point which I can not configure. Network B is dsl. With 2 configurable hops to the wifi, I could not seem to forward port requests all the way out without putting my internet-of-things in a DMZ. Network C is a cable provider, but the computer with my second, client copy of ProScan (also wireless) is too far away from my cable wifi to check that internal setup. Check in the list of published servers for Black Hawk, Iowa. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.