Proscan Question

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I’m trying to program a BCD325P2 using Proscan. I’ve done this before and know how to use the wolf tears generally, but I’m trying to change the way my scanner is programmed and I have a question. When I import the systems I’m trying to program from Radio a reference database into Proscan, it shows all the different “systems” I import. My question is, can I take frequencies from multiple systems and program them to the same bank (quick key) on the scanner? For example, I’d like to program just FD dispatch frequencies from different counties into one bank. It seems to only let me select quick keys for each “system”, not pick and choose frequencies from multiple systems for one bank in the scanner. I hope that’s clear enough, I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing. Thanks!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
the 325p2 dosent use banks, it uses systems. you can put multiple systems on the same qk, but you cant mix conventional individual frequencies with trunked systems..

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I’m trying to program a BCD325P2 using Proscan. I’ve done this before and know how to use the wolf tears generally, but I’m trying to change the way my scanner is programmed and I have a question. When I import the systems I’m trying to program from Radio a reference database into Proscan, it shows all the different “systems” I import. My question is, can I take frequencies from multiple systems and program them to the same bank (quick key) on the scanner? For example, I’d like to program just FD dispatch frequencies from different counties into one bank. It seems to only let me select quick keys for each “system”, not pick and choose frequencies from multiple systems for one bank in the scanner. I hope that’s clear enough, I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing. Thanks!
Not really clear. Are the FD dispatch frequencies conventional or trunking? You can drag & drop (or copy & paste) conventional frequencies or groups containing conventional frequencies to another group or system containing conventional frequencies. You can not mix conventional frequencies with trunking frequencies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Not really clear. Are the FD dispatch frequencies conventional or trunking? You can drag & drop (or copy & paste) conventional frequencies or groups containing conventional frequencies to another group or system containing conventional frequencies. You can not mix conventional frequencies with trunking frequencies.
Sorry, nothing in trucked. Mix of analog and digital conventional.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The HP-1 and HP-2 do not support the use of quick keys.
OK? I said nothing about quick keys. My statement was regarding organizing conventional and trunked on the same favorites list which the HP-#s can do

Source here: Favorites Lists will allow you to store channels you find when you are scanning from the Full Database (the easiest way). They can contain channels from trunking systems and conventional systems.

Last edited:

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Just to help clarify, when I’m importing from RR to Proscan, I select the counties I’m looking to import. Then the different frequencies from the country pull over into Proscan. But when they show in Proscan, they are grouped together by town or county. For example, in Proscan, I see my small town, and when I click on my town, I get an expanded tree showing all the frequencies in my town (which happened to be 4). I can’t figure out how to just pull one of those frequencies and a frequency from another town and group them together so that one quick key will scan just those two frequencies, not the other from those towns. Right now it only seems to let me assign a quick key to the whole town file (all 4 frequencies) and not an individual frequency under that town.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I can’t figure out how to just pull one of those frequencies and a frequency from another town and group them together so that one quick key will scan just those two frequencies, not the other from those towns. Right now it only seems to let me assign a quick key to the whole town file (all 4 frequencies) and not an individual frequency under that town.
If you want a whole system to contain just those two frequencies then here are the steps:
1. Create a new conventional system
2. Create a new group under the new system
3. Drag & Drop, or Copy & Paste, or Cut & Paste the frequencies to the new group created in step 2
4. Assign a System Quick Key to the new system
5. Assign a System Quick Key to the original system so it can be turned off and not scan
6. Set the system, group, and channel options such as system name, etc.
7. Upload to the scanner

Another way is to create a new group in the original system then Drag & Drop, or Copy & Paste, or Cut & Paste the frequencies to the new group. Assign Group Quick Keys then upload to the scanner.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
My question is, can I take frequencies from multiple systems and program them to the same bank (quick key) on the scanner? For example, I’d like to program just FD dispatch frequencies from different counties into one bank. It seems to only let me select quick keys for each “system”, not pick and choose frequencies from multiple systems for one bank in the scanner.
Here is a PDF file which will help answer your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 13