ProScan - Reduced bandwidth - Help check the audio quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've done some significant work to ProScan Scanner Over IP streaming audio on the server side. I was able to get the bandwidth down 3 times from 13.5 KB/Sec to about 4.36 KB/Sec average.

Anyone is welcome to connect to my server and check the audio quality.
Let me know if any problems with the audio quality (dropouts, cracking, pops, etc.) or anything else Scanner Over IP related. Use the latest full version 1.7 Build 6 or the free client 1.7 Build 5.

proscan.dyndns.org port 443

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I have been testing this with a feed provided by http://www.massfireradio.us/ and so far it seems to be working flawlessly! I have had numerous issues with the feed locking up, cutting out, and shutting down. So far, the improvement to the bandwidth has made it work very well, not one instance of locking up or shutting down!

Nice job, Bob!

NYRHKY94

Hi Bob:

I just connected for a bit and the audio sounded great! It was actually very clear and had no static, breaks or hiccups at all.

P.S. It was funny to hear the dispatcher saying "break" after every transmission. Is that standard for CA departments?

Thanks - Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
P.S. It was funny to hear the dispatcher saying "break" after every transmission. Is that standard for CA departments?

I don't think it's standard through out the state but Riverside and San Bernardino counties agencies seem to use similar radio procedures. Sometimes I would here it a lot and other times not at all.

LAPD seldom would say "break" but they don't use 10-4 either, they would say "Roger"

Thanks for the reports, glad there positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.