ProScan Remote Scanner over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have decided to go with ProScan 12.1 for streaming to broadcastify and have purchased a key. Can someone please walk me through how to get the Remote Scanner over IP up and running so that I could remotely control the scanner when I am out of town.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The setup is in the manual. Click the Support->Manual menu to get to the manual. Look for the section "Remote Scanner Over IP" and the sub-section "Server Side Setup". If you have specific questions, I will be glad to answer.

The link fxdscon provided is for my RadioFeed that doesn't have remote control capability.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
The setup is in the manual. Click the Support->Manual menu to get to the manual. Look for the section "Remote Scanner Over IP" and the sub-section "Server Side Setup". If you have specific questions, I will be glad to answer.

The link fxdscon provided is for my RadioFeed that doesn't have remote control capability.

I followed the manual and everything looks as it does in the manual (Except IP Address) I can not get it to show local "192.168.1.11" or by IP address. I have added proscan to my firewall setting and have open port 5000 in my router to 192.168.1.11. but it does not seem to be working.

My email address is kg5hhs@yahoo if you would prefer to email. My goal is to have it set up just as yours on the following: http://47.148.160.195:5000/

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I followed the manual and everything looks as it does in the manual (Except IP Address) I can not get it to show local "192.168.1.11" or by IP address. I have added proscan to my firewall setting and have open port 5000 in my router to 192.168.1.11. but it does not seem to be working.

My email address is kg5hhs@yahoo if you would prefer to email. My goal is to have it set up just as yours on the following: http://47.148.160.195:5000/

You are using the local address which will not work outside your network. Use the Outside IP.
Click the "Get My IP" button on the RSOIP tab.

{edit} If you just want remote control and don't care about remote logging, recording, upload/download database, the Web Server will accomplish the same thing. One caveat with the Web Server is the audio is delayed by up to 40 seconds due to the media player built in network buffer. RSOIP audio is real time.

Last edited:

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I tried local and my IP address with ":5000" and neither worked. I would like the remote control not really concerned with all the other options

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Should be a colon and not a period :5000...... TT

Yeah...... looks like you used the colon. Did you forward the port in your router from the outside world (WAN) to inside (LAN)? TT

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I tried local and my IP address with ":5000" and neither worked. I would like the remote control not really concerned with all the other options

Then use the Web Server feature. Setup is the same including the Router Port Forwarding.

For trouble shooting, start the server (Web Server or RSOIP) and go to this web site Open Port Check Tool

{edit} If using the Web Server then the client side uses a Web browser.
If using the RSOIP then the client side uses ProScan.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I have right now. I am still unable to get it to work

Attachments

• Proscan.jpg
    Proscan.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,150

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
on the "Open Port Check Tool" it says:
I could not see your service on XX.XXX.XX.XX on port (5000)
Reason: Connection timed out

X=IP Address

I have forwarded the port in my routers setting to the PC that ProScan is running on which is an internal IP address of 192.168.1.11. Do I need to forward it to something else? Also, I am connecting ProScan to my BCD536HP via WiFi

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
on the "Open Port Check Tool" it says:
I could not see your service on XX.XXX.XX.XX on port (5000)

X=IP Address

I have forwarded the port in my routers setting to the PC that ProScan is running on which is an internal IP address of 192.168.1.11. Do I need to forward it to something else? Also, I am connecting ProScan to my BCD536HP via WiFi

You're on the right track. Get the canyouseeme.org showing your server.

I would double check the Router Port Forwarding. It should be like this
192.168.1.11 TCP Any -> 5000
Notice the TCP. Not HTTP, UDP or anything else. Just TCP

The Published Server IP you have circled doesn't matter. That's just to publish the server and has nothing to do with making a connection.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Heres what I have set up in my router. It is a NetGear WNDR3400v3. I still get the same error on canyouseeme.org

Error: I could not see your service on XX.XXX.XX.XX on port (5000)

Attachments

• portforw.jpg
    portforw.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 862

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Heres what I have set up in my router. It is a NetGear WNDR3400v3. I still get the same error on canyouseeme.org

Error: I could not see your service on XX.XXX.XX.XX on port (5000)

It looks good. Make sure the Server is started when using canyouseeme.org.

Also may want to check any Internet Security software and firewalls not blocking the connection.

{edit} The external starting point should be Any or All because the far end port number is unknown and always increments.
{edit} {edit} Google searching your Router, I don't see if you can set the incoming (other side or external) port to Any or All. All Routers work so yours should too.

Last edited:

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
It looks good. Make sure the Server is started when using canyouseeme.org.

Also may want to check any Internet Security software and firewalls not blocking the connection.

{edit} The external starting point should be Any or All because the far end port number is unknown and always increments.

okay, I have set the external starting point to 1 and end port to 500. canyouseeme.org says it can see me. but I'm still having the same issue. I type in my IP Address followed by ":5000" and it just sits there and does nothing.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
okay, I have set the external starting point to 1 and end port to 500. canyouseeme.org says it can see me. but I'm still having the same issue. I type in my IP Address followed by ":5000" and it just sits there and does nothing.

Where are you entering in the IP address? You have another instance of ProScan running in RSOIP Client mode. Correct?

{edit} It sounds like you are using a Web Browser. If so you want to stop the RSOIP and go to the Web Server, enter in port 5000, enter in a few fields, and start.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
okay I think I've got it working now. I was under the wrong tab. I am now in the Web Server tab since I am using a web browser. Is there a way to match up the audio with the display or will the audio always be about 40 seconds off from the display?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
okay I think I've got it working now. I was under the wrong tab. I am now in the Web Server tab since I am using a web browser. Is there a way to match up the audio with the display or will the audio always be about 40 seconds off from the display?

That's one disadvantage of using the Web Server because of the Media Player built in Network buffer. RSOIP is real time.

To make the metadata in sync with the audio - On the Web Page is a Metadata Delay box. Set it to 40 seconds. You may have to fine tune it to sync exactly with the audio.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
ok, awesome. I like it already. I have happen to have a web page for my feed. "http://kg5hhs.freeiz.com/San-Angelo-Police-Fire/" Is there a way to get the virtual scanner on that page as well or would it just be easier to create a link to the web page for ProScan?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ok, awesome. I like it already. I have happen to have a web page for my feed. "http://kg5hhs.freeiz.com/San-Angelo-Police-Fire/" Is there a way to get the virtual scanner on that page as well or would it just be easier to create a link to the web page for ProScan?

I'm not sure how to get the Virtual Scanner on another page. Maybe using the HTML frame tag.

Check this out
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.