ProScan Scanner over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm getting ProScan version 1.5 ready for beta testing. It's just about done. ProScan has a new killer feature "Scanner over IP". It doesn't require any external server or client. ProScan is the Server / Client.

Come visit my web site and view the screen shots.

http://www.proscan.org/
Bob
ProScan

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Pro Scan interest

Hi Bob-

I've been considering Scan over IP for awhile, now but didn't want to go through was seemed to be endless tweeking. From what I've seen on your site, you seemed to have all these problems bundled very nicely at a very attactive price.

My question is, are there any clients out there that will let us have a gander at what they're running--even with restricted or limited use so we could get a feel for the programs, features, usablilty, latency, etc. I'm sure people are naturally leery about publising IP addresses and the like, but thought that there might be one or two "open" sites for us "tire kickers' to look at.

Best regards,

brandon

Database Admin
Excellent news! I look forward to this very much since I use ProScan 1.4 + HW VSP to control my radio at another location. To do it out of the box will great... I can't wait.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Ver 1.5 beta 1 will be available very soon. To start thing off. Ill have a server online monitoring Ontario, Calif. PD.

This version won't control the scanner because of the nature of multiple clients. If the clients would be able to control the scanner and 20 clients connected... you get the picture.

However the plans for ver 1.6 will include 2 more modes... Point-To-Point Server and Point-To-Point Client. Then the scanner can be controlled remotely.

Stay tuned
Bob
ProScan

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
if I do include BCD996T support, It will be at least 3 or 4 versions away unless the demand will be so great that I'll do it sooner then later.

BTW, ProScan beta 1.5 is just about ready. Any day now.

Regards
Bob Aune
ProScan

Looks like good stuff, Bob... can't wait to give a try!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just released ProScan Version 1.5 beta 1. ProScan has a full feature set. I'm thriving to make this the best!
No Other Programs or Plug- In's Required.

Download and try the 30 day demo.

Registration is $50 and includes all future versions and unlimited support.

Let get some servers going. No nag screen if ProScan is running as a server.

Visit my site at http://www.proscan.org/index.htm

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Bob,

I hear your Ontario Pd ok, but kont know if my fmon.no-ip.info is working, can you let me know?

TIA

Never mind, CanYouSeeMe.org indicates I'm not working.

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Bob,

You have created an amazing program. I just tried 1.5 Beta 2 and I am listening to your Ontario System 9 feed. The audio sounds great and it's awesome to see the display screen of the remote scanner while listening. I think this can revolutionize online scanner feeds.

This software blows me away!! Keep up the great work!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the nice comments. Comments like this keeps me going. I hope we can get more Servers online!

STiMULi

blueline_308 said:
No 996 suppot = Not good
3 or 4 versions away is ...++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
icon13.gif

brandon

Database Admin
One thing I found (might be a bug) is that the audio only comes out on the left speakers. Not a problem for monitoring but I think it causes the computer to play everything else on the left speakers even when I close the program. I reinstalled my sound card driver and the problem was corrected. Has this happened to anyone else? My card is just a cheap Create SB Audigy 2 (20 dollar model) with 5.1 speakers.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Your right. I'll fix that. The driver doesn't need to be re-installed, just move the Wave Balance control to the center. Run sndvol32 from the Start menu will bring up the Volume controls

Bob Aune
ProScan

Update: I fixed the audio out of left speaker problem and posted the ProScan 1.5 beta 3 on my site http://www.proscan.org/

Last edited:

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
Proscan For Local Monitoring

Hi,

I find it very difficult to get the ARC software to work with my scanners.

Most days it wont talk to my 396T at all even when I give them there own computer.

It gets along with the 436 better.

I have three at XP, Windows 7 and a 8.1 and I cannot make these radio connect consistently.

I give them there own computer and since IM an amateur operator I have several different adaptors for there DB9/RS232 needs.

Even hooked them directly into the DB9 on the XP they still wont alway work.

I want a program were I wont have that connectivity problem.

I bought the Uniden Cable and unlike the other stuff it will not connect any of the radios to any of the computers.

======================
I want a radio that
like FreeScan and the ARC can download the Freq, NAC,DCS or PL.

Does it work as a stand alone program or is it designed to work with a network?

I of course want P-25 decode.

Best Regards
Ted
kb6uda@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.