ProScan: ProScan SDS 200

gloucester

Premium Subscriber
I am having issues with ProScan version 20.6 shutting down and being unable to reopen the scanner display in the software. I start it up and I get the error that it is unable to open comm. port 28. Nothing else is assigned the comm port. Rather than open the rest of the way and let me check for available comm ports the display and menu disappears leaving me with the editor being open. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the port both to no avail. I am running Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am having issues with ProScan version 20.6 shutting down and being unable to reopen the scanner display in the software. I start it up and I get the error that it is unable to open comm. port 28. Nothing else is assigned the comm port. Rather than open the rest of the way and let me check for available comm ports the display and menu disappears leaving me with the editor being open. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the port both to no avail. I am running Windows 10.

Any suggestions?
If the editor is still open then I don't think it's actually shutting down. Could it be that it's minimized to the taskbar or notification area?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If the editor is still open then I don't think it's actually shutting down. Could it be that it's minimized to the taskbar or notification area?
You may have to edit the ProScan.cfg file
Do this
1. Stop ProScan with the Task Manager
2. Edit the ProScan.cfg file and remove the following lines
3. Restart ProScan

[WINDOW STATE]=
[WINDOW BOUNDS]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 1]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 2]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 3]=
[COMM PORT]=

gloucester

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what button I pushed to start this behavior, but that was it. After I hit the minimized icon, did not do it again. Thanks!