ProScan SDS200 LAN issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Greetings Gurus
New Sds200, latest version of ProScan, LAN enabled with static ID and lights flashing.
In Webserver audio settings, I have select URL and then click on Setup
I have changed the IP address only. No connection. Reconnect diesn’t Connect

Any ideas what the issue Is?

Thanks
Doug

the IP address,

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Greetings Gurus
New Sds200, latest version of ProScan, LAN enabled with static ID and lights flashing.
In Webserver audio settings, I have select URL and then click on Setup
I have changed the IP address only. No connection. Reconnect diesn’t Connect

Any ideas what the issue Is?

Thanks
Doug

the IP address,
You did put in the scanners IP address right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue with the SDS200 audio. The strange thing is - it worked ONCE...

Then I added another instance of Proscan in a separate folder running my 536, and the SDS200 broke.

The 536 works 100% of the time, but now the SDS200 (audio) won't connect at all (the control over IP works fine)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue with the SDS200 audio. The strange thing is - it worked ONCE...

Then I added another instance of Proscan in a separate folder running my 536, and the SDS200 broke.

The 536 works 100% of the time, but now the SDS200 (audio) won't connect at all (the control over IP works fine)

The BCD536HP Wi-Fi and the SDS200 LAN audio protocol allows only one connection at a time.

Last edited:

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Oh - Ok... I wasn't aware of that. So there is no way to get the audio from multiple 536s, or a combination of SDS200S AND 536s, over a LAN connection?

Thanks,

Bill

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Oh - Ok... I wasn't aware of that. So there is no way to get the audio from multiple 536s, or a combination of SDS200S AND 536s, over a LAN connection?

Thanks,

Bill

Multiple 536's and SDS200's are okay. Use ProScan, VLC, or other software to make one connection to each scanner. The issue is the RTSP protocol allows only a single connection to a single scanner.

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Bob,

I'm still learning (both ProScan and about streaming in general)... So, to make sure I understand:

1. You can only STREAM LIVE audio from a single scanner to any one PC (RTSP).

2 You can set up multiple instances for Proscan (or VLC) to connect to DIFFERENT scanners and RECORD their audio - but NOT hear it live. (non-RTSP? - what protocol is it?)

Is that an accurate description?

Thanks for a great product! I'm just learning a lot of the cool features.

Bill

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
1. You can only STREAM LIVE audio from a single scanner to any one PC (RTSP).
From a single scanner to one app. Not PC because you could have several apps on a single PC trying to access the audio.

2 You can set up multiple instances for Proscan (or VLC) to connect to DIFFERENT scanners and RECORD their audio - but NOT hear it live. (non-RTSP? - what protocol is it?)
Yes. You can connect to different scanners with multiple instances. Do you mean hearing it on your PC. Yes, In ProScan go to the Test & Extra tab and choose the service that is using IP then click the loopback check box.

divison200

On my computer, the radio states TCP and UDP not connected, but the radio with audio will connect to my android phone and iphone 6

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Only one app can access the LAN audio at a time. if another program is using the LAN audio then disconnect that. That's a RTSP protocol limitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.