Proscan Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Yes, use the built-in webserver feature of Proscan and once setup properly, you can view and listen to your scanner on your phone's web browser.
To add detail, you can also use an audio client, such as VLC, to pull the stream directly, without having to visit the web page, although you'll need the web server enabled.

With port forwarding on your router, you can access it anywhere.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
So far so good on my Android, wish the phone had better volume range and quality when its in my pocket but when I plug into my Pioneer system in the truck its great. Thanks for all the info and thanks Proscan

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
I have a issue, it scans for only about 6 mins on my phone and then it stops. the little image of the scanner still shows it scanning but I lose the audio. Any help and also if I try and use listen live the media player does not function

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I have a issue, it scans for only about 6 mins on my phone and then it stops. the little image of the scanner still shows it scanning but I lose the audio. Any help and also if I try and use listen live the media player does not function
What app are you using to listen? I recommend VLC.

Also, do you see the metadata text changing? Maybe the PC running ProScan is going to sleep.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
Yes the metadata is running fine during the entire process, the laptop is never shut down until weekend when I do updates and scans and general maintenance. What I am doing is using duckduck and entering the IP number and it pops right in and lets me listen on the phone for right at 6 mins then stops receiving the data. I reenter the IP in serach engine and I go another 5 mins....its gotta be something simple I am not doing right. You Mention VLC I have that app in my phone but not sure how it functions with Proscan

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes the metadata is running fine during the entire process, the laptop is never shut down until weekend when I do updates and scans and general maintenance. What I am doing is using duckduck and entering the IP number and it pops right in and lets me listen on the phone for right at 6 mins then stops receiving the data. I reenter the IP in serach engine and I go another 5 mins....its gotta be something simple I am not doing right. You Mention VLC I have that app in my phone but not sure how it functions with Proscan
The built in player doesn't always work right. I recommend WInAmp or VLC. To use them, just enter in the URL in the player.
URL is in this format http://192.168.1.17:5000/stream.m3u. If it's password protected then it's http://192.168.1.17:5000/stream.m3u+[PASSWORD]

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I just put it into the VLC app on phone and its off and running for right now, I can't believe it was my not adding stream.m3u to the string that had me down.....Thanks so much for each of you that responded for your patience with me and I hope not to bother anyone, had no idea you can do so much with the Proscan app. I don't have the cash as loss of 1 job due to you know what and I was gonna get my sister a scanner with all the wildness going on so hopefully I can get this running on her phone as well and she can maybe get a heads up on trouble coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.