ProScan Source Client Unable to Connect to a Shoutcast Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6fin

Hi,

I am trying to get my scanner online, but I am having difficulties getting it to connect to the Shoutcast server.

The Shoutcast server is hosted on my Linux server and is publicly available at 404

The server is setup with the passwords for the streams and the Source Client tab is setup with the correct information. Changing it to an invalid password returns the invalid password message. When I click connect, it connects for a second then returns "Source Client Unable to Connect to a Shoutcast Server."

I tested connecting to the Shoutcast server from Winamp and it works just fine. I logged the debug output of sc_serv and it can be viewed at Scanning

The only error which stands out is Cannot see your station/computer (URL: 404) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache. This is strange because I can see it just fine from the Internet.

So what am I missing to get this up and running?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I am trying to get my scanner online, but I am having difficulties getting it to connect to the Shoutcast server.

The Shoutcast server is hosted on my Linux server and is publicly available at 404

The server is setup with the passwords for the streams and the Source Client tab is setup with the correct information. Changing it to an invalid password returns the invalid password message. When I click connect, it connects for a second then returns "Source Client Unable to Connect to a Shoutcast Server."

I tested connecting to the Shoutcast server from Winamp and it works just fine. I logged the debug output of sc_serv and it can be viewed at Scanning

The only error which stands out is Cannot see your station/computer (URL: 404) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache. This is strange because I can see it just fine from the Internet.

So what am I missing to get this up and running?

This was reported to me last week via email and is fixed. When Shoutcast implemented the authorization key (authhash), ProScan couldn't connect.

k6fin

This was reported to me last week via email and is fixed. When Shoutcast implemented the authorization key (authhash), ProScan couldn't connect.

Hi Bob,

Is this fix in the 8.4 release or will be in the next release? I'm running 8.4 currently.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.