ProScan Proscan , Stream works, can view scanner remotely, can't control. BCD99p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evnldr

I can stream audio, and scanner info. I cannot get remote server working, I can view outside of my network. Port forward is working, so is my DDNS.

When I switch from listen to control I get noting.

Thanks.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What are you trying to control the 996p2 with remotely?
#1 You have to use 2 copies of PROSCAN 1 for server 1 for remote client.
Option 2 is a remote desktop program called anydesk while still running proscan on the server PC so you have a scanner interface. This is the way I remote control my 16 Unidens in my home scanner rack.

Evnldr

I was told one license works on 2 computers. I was hoping for remote control via web app. But I did get client working Viewing only on one PC and control on the one it's directly connected to, that is kinda pointless. its 3 feet away ha! In the end I guess it's not bad I can now view my scanner real time in my living room wish I did not have to publish my address to do this :(

cg

Premium Subscriber
On the server side computer, go to the "Remote Scanner Over IP" tab. Stop the feed. Down a bit, next to the port is a password location. Put a password in there and match it in the client computer. Restart
There is no requirement to publish the server, it works fine without doing so. If you wish to share, that option is there and the password keeps outsiders from making any changes to your operations.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.