Proscan truncating freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob,

On my 700 systems, Proscan is not showing/importing the last couple of digits. For example: Both WSP and WADOT have gone to a 700Mhz system, with freqs such as 770.83125. However, Proscan will only import 770.18312.

Is there somewhere in settings that I can change this to get all of the digits? Or, Bob, can you tweak Proscan to include more digits in the import?

Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob,

On my 700 systems, Proscan is not showing/importing the last couple of digits. For example: Both WSP and WADOT have gone to a 700Mhz system, with freqs such as 770.83125. However, Proscan will only import 770.18312.

Is there somewhere in settings that I can change this to get all of the digits? Or, Bob, can you tweak Proscan to include more digits in the import?

Thanks
What type of scanner?
{edit} Can you provide the RRDB link you are importing from.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I would note that, even if you enter all five numbers past the decimal point, Sentinel will only display the frequency to the fourth decimal place. That's also the way they are stored in the main database- only four numbers, not five, after the decimal.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob,

Thanks
I see a problem. 770.83125 is importing as 770.831200. It will be fixed in the next release.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would note that, even if you enter all five numbers past the decimal point, Sentinel will only display the frequency to the fourth decimal place. That's also the way they are stored in the main database- only four numbers, not five, after the decimal.
I tested this with a SDS200. In ProScan, wrote 770.831255 to the scanner then the scanner edit site shows 770.831250.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob,

Thanks
I don't mean to be rude but please don't double post. Just send it via web report or email but not both.
I would have sent the fix to you today. Here are the bug reporting and suggestions guidelines.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob,

Thanks
Nothing can be done in ProScan. The RRDB Web Service imports only the 1st four decimal places.
{edit} The 5th decimal place represents 50 Hz that is within tolerance so it wouldn't matter anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.