ProScan Upload Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

What does it mean when you get upload errors??

I was trying to upload two systems to a BCD396T, i used Import from RR and got the two sites i needed for SD Statewide and when i do an upload they stay checked and i get two upload errors, but the system shows in the scanner and as far as i can tell it is scanning them but i haven't heard any traffic yet.

So the question is, what does the upload errors mean because it doesn't tell me whats wrong with the upload.

n0nhp

I got that error when I tried to enter more than 20 groups into a system.
The other possibility is more than 250 talk groups in a system.

Bruce

K

kb0nly

Ahhh!

I had too many talkgroups but it didn't warn me of that fact when i clicked import. Sorted through the talkgroups and dropped off the ones i don't really need and now no more errors.

Thanks!! I figured it was something simple i was just overlooking.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What does it mean when you get upload errors??

I was trying to upload two systems to a BCD396T, i used Import from RR and got the two sites i needed for SD Statewide and when i do an upload they stay checked and i get two upload errors, but the system shows in the scanner and as far as i can tell it is scanning them but i haven't heard any traffic yet.

So the question is, what does the upload errors mean because it doesn't tell me whats wrong with the upload.

If you do get upload errors then a file "Upload Errors.txt" is generated in the application folder that will indicate the item errored, most likely due to the scanner reporting out of resources for that item type.

K

kb0nly

If you do get upload errors then a file "Upload Errors.txt" is generated in the application folder that will indicate the item errored, most likely due to the scanner reporting out of resources for that item type.

Ok, i just went and checked and there wasn't anything in there. Is is 200 or 250 TG's per system? The manual for this model doesn't say anywhere that i can find. I had 237 TG's in one system and it would give me an upload error, trimmed it down to 190 TG's then it went it without error. So it seems like 200 is the limit.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, i just went and checked and there wasn't anything in there. Is is 200 or 250 TG's per system? The manual for this model doesn't say anywhere that i can find. I had 237 TG's in one system and it would give me an upload error, trimmed it down to 190 TG's then it went it without error. So it seems like 200 is the limit.

This file is only created when there are errors. If the last time no errors during uploading then the file will not exist.

You may want to ask UPMan on the maximum talk groups per system question.

Status
Not open for further replies.