ProScan vs Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDavisSr

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone! I am new to Uniden scanners and I have been using both of the subject programs for my radios. A question I have is how do I, when writing my favorites to the scanner, have ProScan erase and replace all the current favorites already on the scanner. When writing favorites to the scanner with Sentinel it gives you the option.

Thanks

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
No response since yesterday so I'll add a little something. I don't have an answer for your specific question. I use Sentinel for 99% of handling the data on the radio. There has been a few cases back many months ago I used ProScan for editing as it did it easier than Sentinel and I'm not recalling what it was. I like how ProScan's editor shows the data better so I have it pointing to the directory Sentinel uses. While using ProScan to control and capture data I can easily see how I have it organized with the editor and make notes about changes. I'm sure I could make simple changes to the data and write from ProScan, but I will do that in Sentinel. Efficiency at this point in life is not important to me. :)
Mike

P.S. There is a ProScan section that the author monitors and other that are more knowledge can help. I believe the link will get you into the section at the point of the last post when I copied the link.

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/official-software-thread.95044/page-224#post-3127757

TomDavisSr

Premium Subscriber
No response since yesterday so I'll add a little something. I don't have an answer for your specific question. I use Sentinel for 99% of handling the data on the radio. There has been a few cases back many months ago I used ProScan for editing as it did it easier than Sentinel and I'm not recalling what it was. I like how ProScan's editor shows the data better so I have it pointing to the directory Sentinel uses. While using ProScan to control and capture data I can easily see how I have it organized with the editor and make notes about changes. I'm sure I could make simple changes to the data and write from ProScan, but I will do that in Sentinel. Efficiency at this point in life is not important to me. :)
Mike

P.S. There is a ProScan section that the author monitors and other that are more knowledge can help. I believe the link will get you into the section at the point of the last post when I copied the link.

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/official-software-thread.95044/page-224#post-3127757

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.