Proscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You are trying to put a Ford Motor in a Chevy Car will not work. Make a new File 2 different formats.
The x36's and the SDSx00's are kin you can import a x36 into a SDSx00 but not a 996p2 into a x36.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Bad news if you are going to use PROSCAN for a x36 you need to be a PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER so you can Download from RR otherwise you can build your file with Sentinel and read it into PROSCAN and make changes.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Title says "Proscan", not sure if this post goes here, but here goes.... I recently got a 436HP. I thought I could just transfer programming over from my 996P2, but I've tried numerous different times, and nothing seems to work. When I put the programming in the 436 from the 996, it listed all service types as "Custom 1". I could care less what service type it is, it's my own custom programming. But anyway, that service type was enabled, but gave me the "Nothing to scan" notice. Made sure the "monitor" and "download" things were enabled.

A lot of things can cause "Nothing to Scan".
I would go into the scanner menu and do the following.
1. Go into Set Scan Selection - Select List to Monitor then ensure that the Favorite is on.
2. Back out of the menu then go into Select Service Types. Ensure Custom 1 is on.
3. If you have any SQK's assigned to the system or sites then either turn them on in the scanner or unassign them in the Favorites List.
4. If you don't have any departments with TGID channels then set the system to ID Search.

Is the programming for the database scanners TOTALLY dependent on downloads directly from Radio Reference to get the proper info?
Negative.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So my custom file in PROSCAN for my P2 won't work. It IS dependent on RR download.....
It should work. Did you open or created a new Favorites List in ProScan then imported the P2 file? Did you write to the scanner after you imported the P2 file?

AxelsHumanDad

ProScan 996P2 files:
Database > Export / Print > (check marks in the systems you want to transfer) save as Sentinal HPE File.
Scanner Type > change to *36
Database > Import > Sentinal hpd (Favorites) & hpe files.

ProScan *36 files:
File > Export / Print > (check marks in the systems you want to transfer) save as Sentinal HPE File.
Scanner Type > change to 996P2
Database > Import > Sentinal hpd (Favorites) & hpe files.

You may have to fiddle a little bit with the imports to adjust them to your liking, but it will move everything over. I do it every time I make changes. (996T, 996P2, 436, 536.)
I have been able to drag and drop "some" of the systems between two open instances of ProScan, one for each scanner type, but they need a little more tweaking.

Bad news if you are going to use PROSCAN for a x36 you need to be a PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER so you can Download from RR otherwise you can build your file with Sentinel and read it into PROSCAN and make changes.

No you don't.
Once you setup the initial profile in Sentinal enabling all the service types you don't need anything but ProScan.
No, I'm not downplaying the benefits of being a Premium Subscriber, but you don't need it, especially where @lu81fitter mentions custom programming.
Just make a copy of your original configuration and work with that one so you don't bork your original file.

ProScan rocks. (y)

Last edited:

lu81fitter

OK guys. Getting closer. Thanks for all your help. Got most things going. Need to sort out some small issues. Can't lock and unlock certain groups. Probably just needs programming tweaks. You guys are great! Thanks a million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.