PROTECTING USB SOCKETS FROM DAMAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
PROTECTING USB SOCKETS FROM DAMAGE

In the last 2 weeks 3 people have reported the same problem when trying to connect their DV1 to a P.C. It is NOT Driver or Software related. It is a hardware issue.

There is some very useful and important information regarding the safeguarding of the AR-DV1's USB socket, and for other Radios, at this Group:-
[[www.facebook.com/groups/1720361061520981/]]
Select 'Files' and read
'EXTRACTED FROM eSPYonARD MANUAL.pdf'

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
I was emailed today and told of another non functioning AR-DV1 USB Port, from the same batch looking at the known Serial Numbers, bought in Australia. This time, just 2 weeks after purchase, the Customer was told the Radio had to be returned to Japan for repair, and was charged for it.

Some might imagine AOR are now quite happy about this bad batch, as they are charging Customers to repair them. Outrageous.

Last edited:

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
The latest Update has just been posted at

www.espyonard.com

LOTS OF GOODIES in this one.

My usual WDCloud Home Server links are not working.
WD seem to think it is a local issue here. Strange that in the last few hours lots of other people are reporting the same problems on the WD Forum. Obviously a series of identical coincidences, and nothing to do with the WD Server / Software (sigh).

I have added a temporary download link for the Update, which others tell me is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.