TRX-1: Protective case for TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilliams1

Hi, Just want to see what the community of TRX-1 scanner users are using as a protective case in lieu of the supplied one? Has anyone source a reasonable one that they think does the job of protecting all the radio, but lets you use the features on the scanner?

I'm at that point where I want something better.

Robert

tscoma

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Just want to see what the community of TRX-1 scanner users are using as a protective case in lieu of the supplied one? Has anyone source a reasonable one that they think does the job of protecting all the radio, but lets you use the features on the scanner?

Robert

I'm using the standard black canvas scanner case with plastic window that's meant to slide onto the Uniden BCD436HP. It slides perfectly onto the pro668, ws1080, and trx-1. Its about 1/4 inch too tall but fits the trx-1 perfectly otherwise and the window lines up well too. The side access holes do not line up to the USB port on the trx-1 but you could probably cut a flap in to line up. I haven't tried but I think the belt clip will probably fit the hole in the back too. It's not perfect but it's pretty close and you probably won't find anything currently available fitting any better. The case can be bought on eBay, amazon, or scanner master...

BCD436HP - Uniden Nylon Case/Swivel Belt Clip | Scanner Master

Last edited:

rwilliams1

Thanks, that's a good possibility. Considering how long the batteries last, accessing the USB may be needed if you want to run an external battery, so being able to cut a space on the side shouldn't be too much of an issue.
I've been looking around the Internet for awhile, but haven't found anything worth while so far. My last option is to get one made up, from a mountain climbing company out my way (Sydney, Australia), that I've used in the past for one other scanner I had and they did a good job.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
AND, you have to take the case off which is no easy task to change the dang AA battery disaster every 6 or 78 hours. Which is a real PITA.

I'd love somebody to make a case that fits and separates with the battery cover somehow. The current setup of batteries and case is terrible.

trp2525

Robert

See my Radio Reference post from 06-26-2015 (including photos) for full details on 2 cases (nylon and soft leather) made/cut specifically for the PRO-18, PRO-668, PSR-800, WS1080, WS1088 and TRX-1: http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/315790-pro-668-carrying-case.html#post2412575

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I'd be interested in a hard/soft leather or ballistic nylon case for my TRX-1 mainly because the plastic on the front scratches so easily. Both cases linked to Scannermaster on previous post have been out of stock for months now. it seems.

trp2525

I'd be interested in a hard/soft leather or ballistic nylon case for my TRX-1 mainly because the plastic on the front scratches so easily. Both cases linked to Scannermaster on previous post have been out of stock for months now. it seems.

You can sign up for a "back-in-stock" email alert for both cases (in my previous post #4 above) on the Scanner Master website. You can also contact Scanner Master by phone at 1-800-SCANNER to inquire about the future availability of both cases. The nylon case ($12.95) is product code 01-581686 and the soft leather case ($19.95) is product code 01-581687.

At the time of my original posting referenced above, Universal Radio of Ohio listed the same two cases for the same prices as Scanner Master. The nylon case ($12.95) is Universal Radio Order #5740 and the soft leather case ($19.95) is Universal Radio Order #2150. You can contact Universal Radio at 1-800-431-3939 (or 1-614-866-4267) to check on the current stock status of both cases and/or to order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.