Protest Monitoring (wake county)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdude100

Hey y’all. Hear there is some kind of reopen protest happening downtown raleigh today (and a few other places too). Was curious to see if anyone is picking up any traffic about it? I havent heard anything on the viper event channels

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
According to WRAL TV protests are scheduled for Saturday afternoon in downtown Raleigh related to the George Floyd death. Law enforcement had information and are preparing for possible protests on Friday night (tonight) targeting government buildings, even closing one county building on Fayetteville Street two hours early this afternoon. I have not heard any radio traffic indicating staging or preps are underway for tonight.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Protests happening now in Raleigh, utilizing both DELTA 1 and FOXTROT 1 on VIPER. Crowd currently 900-1000 people according to ABC11 Pilot.

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
Listened for roughly 6 hours yesterday

As a dispatcher it was hard to listen to the officers calling for assistance without much help coming to them in several instances.

As a firefighter I was surprised to see Raleigh pack up and leave 5 inch hose, pre connect lines, and a electric vent fan at the front door of one of the structure fires downtown last night. I remember hearing them say on Delta 1 they were getting items thrown at them. Guess they knocked the fire down and said the heck with this.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Delta 1 was affiliated with one of the Charlotte towers last night. I couldn't figure out what city ops I was hearing. Is there a Salisbury street in Raleigh?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing cleanup ops on the Wake Co TRS TG 7056 (WCPS EM) also hearing reference to downtown ops by RFD on Battalion 3 (34064)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Soldiers from the North Carolina Army National Guard 105th Military Police Battalion stand guard in downtown Raleigh, May 31, 2020. Approximately 450 Guardsmen have been mobilized due to civil unrest. The Guard is active again tonight protecting state buildings and retail shopping centers around Raleigh.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Downtown protests have started early today.

On a positive note, the Captain for the State Capital Police and a number of the officers have taken a knee with the protesters in a show of support.

Screenshot_2020-06-02-15-12-07~01.png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A VERY different scene in Raleigh tonight, 40 minutes after curfew and several hundred peaceful protesters still out at the Governor's mansion and moving towards the State Capital soon. No SHP (other than Governor's security) and RPD doing nothing right now to enforce curfew or make a show of force.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Now that the action has died down and the protests have turned mostly peaceful in the Raleigh area the NC National Guard is now using an encrypted TG for communications. Seeing similar RIDs that I've seen/heard all week but now on TG 52034, NGJRSOI2, and encrypted. I've heard no traffic all day on the usual TGs NCNG 1 to 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.