Protest Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
I expected to find some chatter here about the protests in SLC. Anyone find any interesting freqs or TGs for all the interagency activity? I've been listening mostly to SL Regional 17760. Fun to listen, I wouldn't want to be there. Anyone know what a Zulu unit is? I heard them say we have zulu units in place (or maybe "in play").

StickyBit

Regular Listener
My memory is vague but from growing up with my Father who was Army National Guard, but I believe it simply refers to a military unit. In the context of what you’re hearing, they were likely referring to having a Guard unit at one location or the other.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
TG 672 on 7202 was a new one for me. They were doing surveillance and reporting on activities of the protesters. They seemed to not be uninformed or easily identifiable but were very law enforcement sounding. They were talking about UHP and SLC PD so it isn't them. One of the units identified as "DA16" and they made reference to protecting "our building".

Based on this I am thinking this is a TG used by the Utah District Attorneys office.

KD7DDC

Premium Subscriber
So far over the last four days, I have heard related activity on numerous TGs on UCAN and the SLC system:

Salt Lake Regional (at times patched)
Salt Lake City Motors
Salt Lake City Fire 3 (RTF Rescue Task Force)
Salt Lake City Fire Tac 6
VECC Ops 9 LE
VECC Ops 4
Event 10 Sanpete County (Which should be updated in the Db as its consistently used for non-Sanpete County events)
Event 14
Capitol Security Dispatch (18)

On top of those, there was activity semi-related on W Valley PD 10 last night in regards to a person arrested with firearms who had made online threats against police and the protests.

Also, SLC PD Disp has been coordinating officers and calls within the "exclusion zone" that was set up when things are active.

I must say the call of "Valley-wide 10-33" on Saturday is something we do not here often. i believe the last time may have been the Trolley Square shooting.

It's been some very interesting listening this week for sure!

kc7rhw

that is for sure i heard all of that traffic as well and on all of those channels as well it was very interesting.
Bust sad to think people could just go and vandalizes other people property with no regard to the consequences.
Thats not protesting

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
So far over the last four days, I have heard related activity on numerous TGs on UCAN and the SLC system:

Salt Lake Regional (at times patched)
Salt Lake City Motors
Salt Lake City Fire 3 (RTF Rescue Task Force)
Salt Lake City Fire Tac 6
VECC Ops 9 LE
VECC Ops 4
Event 10 Sanpete County (Which should be updated in the Db as its consistently used for non-Sanpete County events)
Event 14
Capitol Security Dispatch (18)

On top of those, there was activity semi-related on W Valley PD 10 last night in regards to a person arrested with firearms who had made online threats against police and the protests.

Also, SLC PD Disp has been coordinating officers and calls within the "exclusion zone" that was set up when things are active.

I must say the call of "Valley-wide 10-33" on Saturday is something we do not here often. i believe the last time may have been the Trolley Square shooting.

It's been some very interesting listening this week for sure!
that sanpete county thing was me, when they did the pageants, to my knowledge that the only county that was using it...

DJB0844

I believe the "ZULU" units are the air units. Police helicotpers. Im not sure what agency but Im thinking UHP. I was listening and they reported they had 20 minutes of fuel left and were asked to do another circle over downtown before they headed back. looking at the app Flightradar24 showed a helo circling once more before heading back to airport. The helo was from the state of Utah.

KD7DDC

Premium Subscriber
I believe the "ZULU" units are the air units. Police helicotpers. Im not sure what agency but Im thinking UHP. I was listening and they reported they had 20 minutes of fuel left and were asked to do another circle over downtown before they headed back. looking at the app Flightradar24 showed a helo circling once more before heading back to airport. The helo was from the state of Utah.

I believe that Zulu is the National Guard, the particular unit was likely the blackhawk. The State of Utah DPS helo normally uses the callsign of "Star"

N7YUO

Quote: TG 672 on 7202 was a new one for me.

In my Unitrunker, I have 672 identified as:
NL--SLC PD3. NL = Not Listed in RRDB.
The SLC PD3 Listing comes from the old 7202 group spreadsheet on talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.