Protesters in Caledonia/XRay Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

OPP TAC 02 - CN/CP & OPP on scene. Different areas including blocking Hwy 6 at the railway overpass. Protesters throwing objects at cars, starting a tire fire on the railway. Haldimand Fire on scene as well.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
This is a issue regarding a housing development on what 6 Nations say is their land.

The OPP served some protesters with arrest warrants today and this caused some trouble.

I'm monitoring it off Brantford and I have also heard it off of Charlton as well.

jasoyeom

They had radio issues when Bell went offline for a bit last Thursday. I wasn't monitoring so I'm not sure what the towers were doing or if they went into fallback mode.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hullo.

I've been going thru my recordings on my HP of the recent land dispute and the warrants for arrest in Caledonia last week.

On Wed, Aug 5 there were issued for arrests and all kinds of chaos seemed to break out. There was a Command Post manned by a Haldimand and 1 or 2 air units, RID of #65520 that someone else here mentioned. Also, there were about 5 units on the ground on Tac2. Oxford, Norfolk and a Brant unit. These 3 units I have tagged long ago, for example 6 Bravo RID # 8532 and Oxford 6 Sierra RID # 29810 were referred to as XRAY units.

My questions:

1) Are these units I mentioned called XRAY when and in certain situations? So at this time were the units I mentioned assigned the Soft ID XRay and then when they were released they would revert back to Oxford 6 Sierra ...?

2) Are XRay units 3 wheelers? Maybe the example Oxford 6 Sierra RID # 29810 is a van and they have 3 wheelers and are used in different areas as needed?

I'd greatly appreciate any responses.

ErIc

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I just heard London do a status check on 1TAC02 and all the radios that responded were all X-Ray (and 1 Zulu). While watching T88 many of the radios had previously been tagged on other OPS groups, so I'm suspecting they've just given everyone on this project a temporary X-Ray callsign. Would certainly make it easier to keep track of things vs a dozen different callsigns.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Was down in the Simcoe area on Monday and was hearing Yankee calls signs too on the TAC Channel from Caledonia.

mciupa

I can guess that an X-Ray Unit would be a Special Detail to deal with the incident. No idea for Yankee.

jasoyeom

I believe X-Ray units are officers from other regions brought down specifically for the protest. Yankee may be special Tactical Units?

Status
Not open for further replies.