Protestors using your live feed to taunt and attack cops... How do you feel about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
This is live and breaking but... And I understand people anger.. But the looting has started and personally, if this happened on my feed I would shut it down right now, for a few days.. I don't care how many listeners I get....
Hennepin County Public Safety Dispatch Live Audio Feed

"Protestors" are using the Live scanner feed to loot, burn, and target cops.. Personally, I would shut it down for the night.. What is your opinions as a feed provider?

We should have a Delay option somehow as feed providers.. I wouldn't mind an option to delay my live feed by 20-30 minutes or more. It would help when this stuff happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-27 Live Video KSTP com(6).png
    Screenshot_2020-05-27 Live Video KSTP com(6).png
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2020-05-27 Live Video KSTP com.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-27 Live Video KSTP com.png
    750.1 KB · Views: 47

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pretty quiet here oddly. WE here in Chi-RAQ had 10 DEAD 42 WOUNDED this past weekend again* nobody protested, no NBA ballers, NFL kneelers or protest industry folks said boo about it. Dead silence as usual. I would take the feed down if I owned it. Protect the peace instead of aiding the rioters in any way. Those aren't "protesters" as soon as they break something, burn something or hurt anyone else.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
We should have a Delay option somehow as feed providers.. I wouldn't mind an option to delay my live feed by 20-30 minutes or more. It would help when this stuff happens.
Unless you are an "Official Feed Provider" the management of Broadcastify will pull your feed if you put any kind of delay on it. It has been brought up multiple times in the past, always with the same answer.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Unless you are an "Official Feed Provider" the management of Broadcastify will pull your feed if you put any kind of delay on it. It has been brought up multiple times in the past, always with the same answer.
Not official, but still on good terms with our provided local agencies, which is benefit for us all.. We need a delay option. even if its only 5-10 mins max. My feed has helped our first responders and they recognize that. I have people that save lives everyday, local EMS,Firefighters and even police that listen to my feed. And it's for the public, as well. I believe in that, 100%.. I tirelessly promote it on twitter/facebook/etc and don't make a dime.

As a citizen/hobbyist, I have to keep a very fine line. But, I'd pull the plug so fast if this happened here. Bye bye live feed till morning. Protesting is cool but when you start using my Live scanner feed, to attack and taunt cops, loot stores, burn buildings. I'm out bro's. I'll flip that **** on fire and ems only till the sun comes up.

Just my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-27 WATCH LIVE People gather following the death George Floyd.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-27 WATCH LIVE People gather following the death George Floyd.png
    417 KB · Views: 13

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I would think most agencies are using TAC channels for the protests which shouldn't be on a feed to begin with based on the rules.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
I would think most agencies are using TAC channels for the protests which shouldn't be on a feed to begin with based on the rules.
I would think they would have some sort of LRAD or something by now.. I seen horses earlier, and you could see they were bothered by the smoke grenades. It doesn't look good for our friends over at the MINN police.. They are very outnumbered. These "protesters" are taking advantage of the situation.

Radio traffic made it clear they were being taunted with their own live radio from the live stream. And they don't have the capability to go E on the main.

prcguy

Anyone can buy a police scanner and use it for nefarious reasons. If in the clear police communications are jeopardizing the officers, then its their problem and not a feed providers. If a police officer is injured or killed because someone got information from an internet stream of their communications, its not the feed providers fault. Its not the police departments fault. Its the perpetrators fault.

There are laws against using a police scanner in the commission of a crime. If someone does this, demand they be prosecuted for it on top of whatever else they did. I say don't let some idiots out there committing crimes cause us all to huddle in the corner, pull down our shades and yank our feeds. Stream away!

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
This guys makes more money off your feed than you do lol by just youtubing it.. Lol.. I like Lookner. But we providers are a dying breed. Good Luck everyone.

Watching youtubers get big $$$ superchats to provide someone else's feed ad free.. Must be nice bro. Meanwhile the guy who provides the feed has to pay to provide it lol. Oh, yeah, I guess he gets a girt card to scanner master. Lol, this hobby is done. Love you guys but if you don't provide feeders with a way to shortly delay their own feed. That's the last nail in the coffin for the E argument. Might as well E EVERYTHING. This whole website is shooting itself in the foot. Soon we will all hear nothing on our cool paperweights.. Please allow us a way to delay a few minutes before my own local agencies pull the plug on this cool hobby.. A decent option to delay would prolong that and benefit us all. I'm begging you.

fmulder13

I submitted a complaint to Broadcastify, and everyone should as well. Allowing this feed to continue is endangering the lives of officers attempting to bring peace amid a crowd committing arson, looting, and assaulting officers with projectiles nearly constantly.

scottybo

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the feed provider unplugged their scanner unfortunately. Can no longer hear it.

wowologist

Certifiable
Really not your problem, your providing a source of information...what the average gorilla does with that information is on them, not you. Cars kill millions of people....and they keep making them. Death by chickens last year..3...and they still hatch billions of them each yar.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Really not your problem, your providing a source of information...what the average gorilla does with that information is on them, not you. Cars kill millions of people....and they keep making them. Death by chickens last year..3...and they still hatch billions of them each yar.

I agree, but.. well it kinda is my problem when the innocent police are being attacked and they wondering why they being taunted with their own radio transmissions.

wowologist

Certifiable
I agree, but.. well it kinda is my problem when the innocent police are being attacked and they wondering why they being taunted with their own radio transmissions.

Ya really though its not on you. If one of them /protestor/ had an IQ higher then a postage stamp and had a scanner and then "tweeted" that info theyd still be using information supplied by the PD -...once again...its not on you, its on the PD to converse in radio encoded lingo that the department feels necessary for the incident.

prcguy

No its not. Are you going to ask that they confiscate all police scanners in the town also? Are you going to ask the local news to stop showing live video of where the police are? Stream away!

And when the people causing all the problems and mayhem get to a certain level of trouble, maybe the police will stop holding back and just take care of business.

I submitted a complaint to Broadcastify, and everyone should as well. Allowing this feed to continue is endangering the lives of officers attempting to bring peace amid a crowd committing arson, looting, and assaulting officers with projectiles nearly constantly.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
"Protestors" are using the Live scanner feed to loot, burn, and target cops.. Personally, I would shut it down for the night.. What is your opinions as a feed provider?
I think prcguy and Johnnydollar2 hit the nail on the head. Do you REALLY think if there were no scanner feeds on this incident would have prevented looting and all the other mayhem going on you're way of thinking is WAY OFF BASE. BTW I did see some of the "protestors" wearing face masks; but I saw very little 6ft distance between them; wishing them with lots of Corvid-19 infections. What does looting innocent business people's livelihood prove? Shows how ignorant these animals are.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.