Protests / Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimmerj

I'm expecting things to be heating up in Baltimore this wknd. Since the city's last radio upgrade, I haven't been able to copy any traffic on my bc796d. Not sure if signal is too weak in the Dena. How bout National Guard, are they still using the VHF Radios ?

ScubaJungle

Do you have the digital card for the bc796d? If so, you should be able to copy them according to the db (P25 phase I, nothing says enc.)
If not, then its because you are trying to listen to P25 on an analog-only scanner (without the digital card)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm expecting things to be heating up in Baltimore this wknd. Since the city's last radio upgrade, I haven't been able to copy any traffic on my bc796d. Not sure if signal is too weak in the Dena. How bout National Guard, are they still using the VHF Radios ?
Let's hope not. It would be a tragedy for innocent residents to have their badly needed infrastructure destroyed. Peaceful protesters must to be vigilant to prevent their demonstration from getting compromised by agitators / agents from outside the area / country. The MNG uses FIRST, mostly ENC.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'm expecting things to be heating up in Baltimore this wknd. Since the city's last radio upgrade, I haven't been able to copy any traffic on my bc796d.
What programming software are you using? My 796 works better on the Baltimore system than the newer scanners, except for SDS.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this file a try. Banks as follows:
1. Balt Co Fire S
2. Balt Co Fire N
3. Balt City Fire
4. Balt Co Police S
5. Balt Co Police N
6. Balt City Police

Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC250.

trimmerj

1. Balt Co Fire S
2. Balt Co Fire N
3. Balt City Fire
4. Balt Co Police S
5. Balt Co Police N
6. Balt City Police

Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC250.
Thanks

trimmerj

1. Balt Co Fire S
2. Balt Co Fire N
3. Balt City Fire
4. Balt Co Police S
5. Balt Co Police N
6. Balt City Police

The attachment vanished. Could I get you to re-up?
Thanks

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I see the Balt City chopper N453F up now circling the downtown area
based out of Martin State airport.
Also the Camera plane Cessna 207 N73266 circling from in and outside City.
TV Chopper up N713TV R-44 type. Heard some coms on 450.3875 NFM air and ground but not sure
if Baltimore or Philadelphia. Also TV 455.2125 active but unreadable from here.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I see the Balt City chopper N453F up now circling the downtown area
based out of Martin State airport.
Also the Camera plane Cessna 207 N73266 circling from in and outside City.
TV Chopper up N713TV R-44 type. Heard some coms on 450.3875 NFM air and ground but not sure
if Baltimore or Philadelphia. Also TV 455.2125 active but unreadable from here.
There were peaceful protesters blocking Pratt Street. Seems to have cleared up. Seven unrelated shootings and three deaths this weekend thusfar.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
1. Balt Co Fire S
2. Balt Co Fire N
3. Balt City Fire
4. Balt Co Police S
5. Balt Co Police N
6. Balt City Police

Attachments

• Baltimore City and County.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 13

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Heard some coms on 450.3875 NFM

That is WJZ TV.
Thanks.. Was funny coms on 450.3875 as Ground TV Director said earlier this afternoon to chopper "We see a Police vehicle on fire
on CNN.. "Can you see any smoke"? Negative reply
Comes back a few minutes later and says, Never mind wrong City on CNN..
2005 local No TV Choppers showing over City but Balt County Helo N804CP hovering at City/Balt County border.

trimmerj

Stupid Question....Do I need to update the firmware on the 796D (Rebanding) to monitor Baltimore City? Will I still be able to listen to Anne Arundel after doing so ?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Stupid Question....Do I need to update the firmware on the 796D (Rebanding) to monitor Baltimore City? Will I still be able to listen to Anne Arundel after doing so ?
Anne Arundel is rebanded, so if you are receiving them, you should be able to receive BC.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
MSP Golden Ring sounds like they are helping city units. Confirmed by WBAL.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Anne Arundel is rebanded, so if you are receiving them, you should be able to receive BC.
I don't see any 851, 852, or 853 MHz frequencies on the Anne Arundel system. The standard bandplan is fine. The Howard Co Motorola system was rebanded. The latest firmware for the 796 is v3_60. You can check it by holding 2, 4, and 9 while turning on the scanner. Baltimore City works OK without a custom bandplan.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any 851, 852, or 853 MHz frequencies on the Anne Arundel system. The standard bandplan is fine. The Howard Co Motorola system was rebanded. The latest firmware for the 796 is v3_60. You can check it by holding 2, 4, and 9 while turning on the scanner. Baltimore City works OK without a custom bandplan.
Perhaps I confused their Nextel frequency swap as "rebanding." The new system will have 4 channels in the 851-853 range.Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 12.12.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.