Providence PD and Providence Fire feeds

bigbearman

Premium Subscriber
Good morning to all. I live in Rhode Island and use the Radio Reference to listen to broadcast's from my local and State agencies. For some reason the feeds for both the Providence Police and the Providence Fire keep dropping out. I get in touch with whomever it is and they tell me they have no control, and can't fix it. So if Radio Reference can't fix it and they tell me to go to Broadcastify, and that person tells me they can't fix it, Why am I paying a premium membership if no one can fix it? Please help me out here. All I want to do is listen.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Good morning to all. I live in Rhode Island and use the Radio Reference to listen to broadcast's from my local and State agencies. For some reason the feeds for both the Providence Police and the Providence Fire keep dropping out. I get in touch with whomever it is and they tell me they have no control, and can't fix it. So if Radio Reference can't fix it and they tell me to go to Broadcastify, and that person tells me they can't fix it, Why am I paying a premium membership if no one can fix it? Please help me out here. All I want to do is listen.

You should notify the feed provider of the problems. Neither Radio Reference nor Broadcastify have any control over the quality of the actual audio feeds that are sent to them by individual volunteers, they host the platform that receives what the volunteer sends to them and then relays it to you. The volunteers are using their own equipment in their own homes to receive the broadcasts.

When feeds go offline:

Check here to see how to notify the actual feed providers:

bigbearman

Premium Subscriber
You should notify the feed provider of the problems. Neither Radio Reference nor Broadcastify have any control over the quality of the actual audio feeds that are sent to them by individual volunteers, they host the platform that receives what the volunteer sends to them and then relays it to you. The volunteers are using their own equipment in their own homes to receive the broadcasts.

When feeds go offline:

Check here to see how to notify the actual feed providers:

thanks. I have done this in the past, but get the same response from the feed provider, they have no clue. All I can do is keep trying. Thanks for the response. Time to save money for a good scanner/receiver.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Why am I paying a premium membership if no one can fix it? Please help me out here. All I want to do is listen.

First, the only person who could fix it is the Feed provider, neither Radio Reference or Broadcastify can fix feeds being sent in from volunteers who contribute the feeds. Feed providers may not know how to fix it or that there is a problem, but trying to reach out to the provider would be your best action.

Secondly, you can listen to feeds without a premium membership, you choose the premium membership to avoid ads or to access archives or to download from the database, but not to just listen to feeds.

Finally, if the audio is important to you, a scanner is a much better choice over feeds for many reasons.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Are they dropping out from Broadcastify or dropping on your device ? Thats 2 totally different items. Ive had folks reach out to me on my feed about it dropping yet shows online and working. Normally its on their end. My uptime shows 100% as far as I can see (30 days).

bigbearman

Premium Subscriber
Are they dropping out from Broadcastify or dropping on your device ? Thats 2 totally different items. Ive had folks reach out to me on my feed about it dropping yet shows online and working. Normally its on their end. My uptime shows 100% as far as I can see (30 days).
this is what I get. So I am not really sure how this system really works, but if I pull the decimal format number off Radio reference for my state, it goes to a broadcastify site. It for some reason works on a different feed, but that one has multiple department's on it. Not sure if I explained it correct. If it is on my end, what could it be if all other's are working? Say if I had 8 sites from Radio Reference working then 2 of them go down, what is it from? Yup I am confused

Attachments

• 1715211297437.png
    1715211297437.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 16

autumn32

Premium Subscriber
Bigbearman, it is not you. The feed Providence Fire feed looks up and online but it is blank almost all day live and, in the archives. When the issues started, it sounded almost encrypted... you couldn't make out the garbled words. Since then, when it does have a transmission, it is only ever partial without the beginning, it's not clear and/or no responding apparatus. Random words or static here or there. If you really want to test it, you can see that the 8am radio tests are never even there. I have compared the archves to stories that have been reported and the time slots are just a continuous hum. Most days, it would appear Providence gets 0-4 calls a day, if you were to go by this feed, and that is obviously incorrect. I contacted the broadcaster but I haven't heard back. And, Broadcastify considers themselves just a platform with no control over the broadcasts. The other channel is so busy that one is lucky to pick up, and/or differentiate, Providence Fire calls. It is too bad, it's just been the past six weeks or so that it has been like this and I have really appreciated the channel up until this point, and the time that is likely put into it. I didn't want to post on the forum or anything, hoping it'd be fixed directly. I am surprised I have not seen more about this issue since it is such a big feed. If anyone can suggest a reason that I can fix on my end, please let me know, I'm all ears. However, it is like this on any computer or mobile device I have tried and, whenI listen to other channels there are no issues so it is strange.

Last edited: