Providence Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie811

This morning I was listening to the PPD & unit MC-1 came over & asked the dispatcher to have MC-2 go to ch3. The dispatcher had no idea who this unit was. Does anyone know?

trp2525

I'm guessing it's Mayor's Car.
Just for some historical perspective, years ago the Mayor of Providence used to come up occasionally on Providence Fire (154.3700 at the time) and Providence Police (460.1000 for dispatch channel 1 at the time) and would identify as "Executive Car 1." I believe sometimes it would be the mayor himself on the radio and sometimes it would be the mayor's chauffeur. It was interesting to catch these transmissions as the dispatcher would suddenly become "extra polite" over the air with a lot of "yes sir" and "no sir" and "we will take care of that immediately sir" in the communications with the Mayor's car!

georgew0819

Just for some historical perspective, years ago the Mayor of Providence used to come up occasionally on Providence Fire (154.3700 at the time) and Providence Police (460.1000 for dispatch channel 1 at the time) and would identify as "Executive Car 1." I believe sometimes it would be the mayor himself on the radio and sometimes it would be the mayor's chauffeur. It was interesting to catch these transmissions as the dispatcher would suddenly become "extra polite" over the air with a lot of "yes sir" and "no sir" and "we will take care of that immediately sir" in the communications with the Mayor's car!
Would that have been Buddy's car? Saw Mayor Cianci and the Gov of RI at an event in Newport at the Clarke Cook House and Buddy's car was nicer and better outfitted than the Gov. Mayor even had a Providence PD driver at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.