ProVoice and Scott Co.... Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
Ok I am sure this may have been asked many times.... Is ProVoice dead? or is Racom still going to use it? or is SARA P25 the NEW killing ProVoice sometime in the future? also something to kick around anyone feel that some Govt entities may switch to the IA State Wide?...

Yes i searched but no solid answers seem to be given in any form.

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
Only you can answer is it worth it to you. You may get one year for your $50 or you may get 5 years.
Good Point..... Most of what I would gain wouldn't be broadcast anyway.... be just for me to listen and possibly encrypted to.... Wasn't sure on Racom's timeline with SARA deployment and rollout in the QCA Area.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not sure but SCANNERS DO NOT DECODE ENCRYPTION it is not allowed and I will tell you even if you get a radio like they use it is against the law to use it to decade ENCRYPTION with out written consent from the owner of the radio system you are listening to. If it is just a digital signal you are ok but if it is ENCRYPTION then the answer is no.

Bhawk27

Premium Subscriber
Ok I am sure this may have been asked many times.... Is ProVoice dead? or is Racom still going to use it? or is SARA P25 the NEW killing ProVoice sometime in the future? also something to kick around anyone feel that some Govt entities may switch to the IA State Wide?...

Yes i searched but no solid answers seem to be given in any form.

My two cents...I’ve had the ProVoice upgrade on my BCD996P2 for a couple years, and there are numerous channels being used on RACOM in the Quad Cities. With the exception of one isolated occasion of ad hoc encryption in the past, they are all in the clear, and frequently used. I’ve enjoyed having it. As stated earlier in the thread, it really is a personal decision based on that calculation of the remaining time before SARA deployment and the upgrade cost.

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
Not sure but SCANNERS DO NOT DECODE ENCRYPTION it is not allowed and I will tell you even if you get a radio like they use it is against the law to use it to decade ENCRYPTION with out written consent from the owner of the radio system you are listening to. If it is just a digital signal you are ok but if it is ENCRYPTION then the answer is no.

Not too sure where you are going with this.... never said anything about decoding encryption ... I said "be just for me to listen and possibly encrypted to" meaning I would be listening to it and most likely it would be encrypted on some things being a total waste of money....

Status
Not open for further replies.