Provoice & DSD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKP

After messing with this for about a week, I FINALLY got Provoice to decode! A lot of the problems were me of course. I’m using a BCT15 ID search mode with DSD plus.
I do have several questions that maybe someone has the answers to. First of all, the system I monitor only has 1 Provoice talk group that is used by one agency. It is their “secret” channel. Everything else is analogue EDACS. Question – By locking out the other analogue talk groups, would this make it easier for DSD to track the conversation since only one talk group uses it? There is no activity with DSD until the Provoice channel is actually used, not even a control channel sound (which is ok by me) Second question: Is there any other software that would enhance my experience or should I leave well enough alone? ;)
Thanks - Keith

n4yek

Just a thought, why not make a system with ONLY the talkgroups that uses the Provoice and scan it in 'ID SCAN' mode. If you only have one user that uses the provoice, you will have only the two talkgroups in your system that you created. That way you have the one talkgroup for normal use and the Provoice talkgroup for their 'secret activities'.

As for your second question: the old saying 'don't fix what ain't broke'

Last edited:

DeKP

Hmmm….Maybe maybe my thinking on this is off. Talk group 1161 and 1162 are the only talk groups that use the Provoice TG, which according to RR that TG is 1163. So are you saying I need to leave TG 1161 & 1162 unlocked? I was thinking that that if I lock out everything but the EDACS frequencies and let it run in ID search when the Provoice was active DSD would decode it. As far as reprogramming my bct 15….I may, but to be honest I its been 5 years since messed with it! I use a HP-1 for my main scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.