Provoice in Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteman

so im buying a scanner programed for edmonton police it decodes provoice but i checked the data base and i dont see any talk groups listed for "vice" ,"drugs" "so muchwat" etc can anyone enlighten me thanks s

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
EPS has a bunch of DES encrypted tallgroups. Likely they are used for those type of activities. EPS has been, and still is very aware that unencrypted provoice is not a secure method of communication.

Labtex

EPS has a bunch of DES encrypted tallgroups. Likely they are used for those type of activities. EPS has been, and still is very aware that unencrypted provoice is not a secure method of communication.

The Provoice + encrypted talk groups you can get some idea of the talk group name as they will say " go to cover/ops 5 " . There seems to be 12+ roughly encrypted talk groups ( what I have logged in unitrunker) . I would not be surprised when they go over to the new system ( very soon to my understanding ) if they go 100% encrypted on police talk groups. EPS has never come across as "scanner friendly " from what I have read .

SCPD

QRT
I would not be surprised when they go over to the new system ( very soon to my understanding ) if they go 100% encrypted on police talk groups. EPS has never come across as "scanner friendly " from what I have read .

The first part .. absolutely. The 2nd part .. not 100% true. It depends if you are an *** about it. If you do not do anything stupid, like stream their TG's online .. they do not care that much.

An EPS member was in my residence in the last month .. he did not care about the scanners in the least.

bigcam406

The first part .. absolutely. The 2nd part .. not 100% true. It depends if you are an *** about it. If you do not do anything stupid, like stream their TG's online .. they do not care that much.

An EPS member was in my residence in the last month .. he did not care about the scanners in the least.

maybe he didn't care because he reads your posts about how your scanners don't receive anything in your high RF environment....

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
maybe he didn't care because he reads your posts about how your scanners don't receive anything in your high RF environment....

Maybe he does not care cause he knows nothing about scanners. Or maybe he does care, and made mental notes about it to pass up his chain of command.

Status
Not open for further replies.