• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Provoice talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my question,

I have an Lpe-200 and it is currently programmed for my local PD (ottawa Ontario Canada). It seems like most of the talkgroups that are listed here on radioreference are outdated. Is there any way to find the new talkgroups using some type of trunker program or something of that mannor? Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ryan

Thayne

He said he has an LPE-200. It is not a "scanner"; but is the cheapest ProVoice radio Available. Hope this helps--

wiliki46

Find an edacs scanner that does not ignore the provoice talkgroups. While the scanner will not decode the voice you can get the TG ID. Or you could brute force it and use ranges of TG ids and see what happens. Sometimes agaency TG's follow a pattern.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I know for a fact that UniTrunker follows Provoice systems (on the screen only), so you can see the "new" talk groups. I've been using it here with my LPE-200. Thing is, they use encryption here, so It's like I don't even have an LPE-200. The only TGs that are not encrypted are the Fire Departments.

Thanks Scott.. I will try that.. does anyone know which scanner will pickup the provoice talkgroups without the discrim tap and using a computer?

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Ryan, Good luck trying to find one. I have a pro-2067, pro-2055, pro-95, BC796D, and a BC996T and all of them ignore the provoice talkgroups. Getting Unitrunker to work is fairly easy and numerous scanners have easily accessible places to tap the discriminator. If you list what you have, lots of people can recomend the easiest one to tap.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Pro-96 and BCD396T are out as well.

I think the Pro-92 is by far the easiest to tap as there is already a long pin that is already there for you to put the wire on.

I use a Pro-2006 that is tapped and plug that into a sound card to use with UniTrunker. I guess I got spoiled by it as I recently tried Trunker and it appears that UniTrunker does so much more and there is less user intervention.

N5PCX

rescue161 said:
I know for a fact that UniTrunker follows Provoice systems (on the screen only), so you can see the "new" talk groups. I've been using it here with my LPE-200. Thing is, they use encryption here, so It's like I don't even have an LPE-200. The only TGs that are not encrypted are the Fire Departments.

Hey Scott,

Not rel familiar with the provoice, so excuse the...

Could you hearthe provoice transmissions even if they were not encypted?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
<y Pro-2006 has a tap on it and I am using it with UniTrunker to show me what is going happening on the Provoice system here. UniTrunker shows everything, i.e. Provoice, encrypted, analog, etc. This setup will not and never will hear anything on a Provoice system. I use it to show me new talk groups / users so I I can program them into my LPE-200.

The LPE-200 can monitor Provoice as long as it has the proper hardware/firmware, but it can not decode encrypted communications without an encryption board and a proper key loaded into the radio. I have neither one, so I'm stuck just listening to the Fire dept.

Hope this helps.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
As long as the Pro-53 has a disc tap and can actually be tuned to the control channel of the system you are wanting to "view" it should work.

Just remember, you will not be able to hear anything, just see where talg groups are active, see affiliations, etc.

awesome, thanks scott.. yeah I just want to see which digital tgs are active. Now all I have to do is buy a cable and software so I dont have to keep sending it away

Status
Not open for further replies.