Provoice upgrade dissapeared after DMR was upgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Uniden support, I upgraded to Pro Voice first, then months later when DMR came out, I upgraded to DMR, never paid attention to the Pro Voice upgrade after I upgraded to DMR but when I go into my upgrade menu, it shows I do not have Pro Voice upgrade anymore even though I paid for it. I went to the "my uniden" link and reentered my paid key and now I get an error message that states its an invalid key. What should I do?

Thank you

genemalet

Uniden support, I upgraded to Pro Voice first, then months later when DMR came out, I upgraded to DMR, never paid attention to the Pro Voice upgrade after I upgraded to DMR but when I go into my upgrade menu, it shows I do not have Pro Voice upgrade anymore even though I paid for it. I went to the "my uniden" link and reentered my paid key and now I get an error message that states its an invalid key. What should I do?

Thank you

Update, after a final attempt it accepted the key probably due to user error however I am not sure why the upgrade disappeared in the first place.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The key is entered into the scanner, not the My Uniden site. The info you enter in the Uniden site is the scanner serial number and checksum, which you can get from the scanner menu. You need this to register the scanner as yours with Uniden.

The scanner upgrade menu doesn't disappear after entering the key.

You get your key from my.uniden.com. When you login, it shows the scanner(s) you've registered, and key(s) associated with each scanner

genemalet

No kidding, that's where I was entering the key. The key disappeared and caused me to have to reenter into the radio after I did a DMR upgrade.

I had to reinstall the Key for Pro voice again after I did the DMR upgrade. Not sure why I had to do that when it was already upgraded once before, just seems like this radio is such a pain at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.