Provoice upgrade on BCD325P2 - worth the money for OKC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I don't know if Oklahoma City has migrated to the P25 system. A local can give you the status of that info. I have a P25 programming file for the 325P2. What program software are you using?

W5DON

I just bought it. No software yet. I know from visiting OKC consistently that they are P25. I'm wondering what I am missing without the Provoice upgrade.

Thanks,

tvengr

Well Known Member
According to this thread, it looks like there is activity on the new P25 system. OKlahoma City APCO P25 PI & PII TDMA Alternating I would suspect that the ProVoice upgrade may be a waste of money at this time. Everyone will be migrating to the new P25 system. If you download and install Butel ARC-XT for the free trial period, I have a file that you can use to program your scanner. ARC-XT supports ProVoice, DMR, and NXDN. You can use FreeSCAN, a free program, which will be fine for the P25 system, but does not support DMR or NXDN. Downloads - Sixspot Software You can also use ProScan, another paid program. Both ARC-XT and ProScan have free trial periods so you can try them and decide what is best for you.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
If I didn't already have it on 2 of my three PV capable radios, I wouldn't buy it now - FD and PD are all on the new P25 system and the BCD325P2 will be fine (save, of course, for simulcast issues).

AFlo1286

Premium Subscriber
There is an HP-2 P25 Olkahoma City HPE favorites list file waiting for you on your PM.
Hello, I just got this same radio and just bought the ARC-XT software. Still really new to this and trying to figure things out. I’m in southern Okla but so travel to okc sometimes, would you mind sharing that file my way also?

AFlo1286

Premium Subscriber
There is an HP-2 P25 Olkahoma City HPE favorites list file waiting for you on your PM.
I’m teaching myself how to program with this software, would using a prebuilt file like that help me out in doing more on my own? Like once I download it would I be able to see the details enough for some of the other advice in threads on here to “click” with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.