ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH2184

I know there probably isn't much hope, but since it is harris public safety instead of ma-com..any better hope or rumors of ProVoice ever being in a scanner? I live in one of only two counties in NC that uses it and even though I can hear half of what is going on, I would love to be able to hear the other half. Just gave me some hope since its harris now. If anyone has any rumors or information to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JH2184

i'm well aware of that thread. the company changed hands. thought maybe it might of changed minds. it gave me hope in the fact that maybe it might eventually let it in a scanner someday.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
If the company wanted to change to 'publically available' format, they'd simply change over to P25, rather than fool around with their own, proprietary format.

That would give them far more sales potential. Their only viable reason for using ProVoice at all is that it 'can't be monitored'. (except by buying ProVoice radios, which, suprise suprise, makes them money).

screenersam

I hate motrbro
maybe the new owners will be moneygrubbers that will sell the scanning rights for the right $.

I know, I know, security is one of their big selling points. wouldn't be the first business to sacrifice long-term gain for short.

let's put a fund together. I'll pitch in $5!!

Status
Not open for further replies.