ProVoice

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I think I know the answer but just want to confirm. Im upgraded my SDS 100 to DMR and NXDN. There is no need for ProVoice here in CT correct? I didn’t see it on the DB but just want to make sure. Don’t want to waste my money..

Manny

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The nearest Pro Voice system to CT is the MBTA trunk around Boston, MA., and that's about to be upgraded.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Technically NYCOMCO in Dutchess County :p Only a handful of PV talkgroups, and that system is also dying a slow death.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Even if Hartford used their Provoice groups extensively, the EDACS is going away in the not too distant future when their P25 system is done.

Reconrider

I think I know the answer but just want to confirm. Im upgraded my SDS 100 to DMR and NXDN. There is no need for ProVoice here in CT correct? I didn’t see it on the DB but just want to make sure. Don’t want to waste my money..

Manny
Correct. Hartford edacs is all analog. Buying provoice at this point is NOT worth it.

Ranger0034

Even if Hartford used their Provoice groups extensively, the EDACS is going away in the not too distant future when their P25 system is done.
Chris, does Hartford plan on joining the state system or they going to have their own P 25 system do you know ?!

cg

Premium Subscriber
They bid out for their own system. However, that does not preclude them from becoming a part of the network like Middletown, Wallingford and the others.
I don't know what model Harris radios they have that do the EDACS and P25 phase 2 or if they are approved for use on CLMRN. That possibly could throw a wrench into the mix but I am sure it has been sorted by now.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I apologize for this I just want to know if they bid for a phase 2 or just phase 1 and is it possible that they’re going to keep the same frequencies that’s all the questions I have for Hartford and also like to know, somebody says there’s a P26 and phase 3 out there that’s probably gonna be another thread something I heard on TikTok