Proxicast Yagi 698-2700 MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

janopey

I have 2 of the Proxicast Yagi antenna and one was not giving the same signal strength so I took the plastic case off and the way the cable lead is attached and antenna design doesn't look right to me so I'm asking the experts! See the attached photos and tell me if that is right. Looks to me like half the antenna is wasted onto the coax shield and the other half is connected to the actual lead but its at the tip of the antenna? Oh and noticed a bend in both runs so the antenna isn't even straight like it should be.75069750707507175072

Last edited:

Firekite

You have two, one working and one not. That’s the not working one. What does the working one look like?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
That's not a Yagi, it's a Log Periodic. A Yagi would have a driven element second from the rearmost element. When they are fed from the front like that, with gradually increasing elements, it's an LP.

I'd ohm out the coax and see if the center conductor and shield are shorted (they shouldn't be. Make sure the two sections of metal are not touching anywhere.

and I agree, show us a photo of the one that does work.

janopey

Yeah after some actual searching around I found the LP design and Def and understand that now! I'll ohm it out and try to get a pic of the working one shortly. Thanks for the fast replies!

janopey

Ok so I get dead short for Ohm when checking from pin to shield. Looking on their site they should be 50ohm antennas

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Ok so I get dead short for Ohm when checking from pin to shield. Looking on their site they should be 50ohm antennas

50Ω impeadance.
when checking with a multimeter, you should see it open (∞ ohms).

You've got a short somewhere in the connector, cable or antenna elements. But compare to the good antenna to confirm.

janopey

I think its the way they mounted the beam and elements. They are made onto the bottom plate which is touching causing the dead short i'll insulate it and report back. Thanks again for all the help!

janopey

Fixed where the beams were touching now I get Infinite Ohm and Matching signal as the other antenna. It was a dead short in the antenna. Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.