PRPD Morality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburnn

This morning there was some action on PRP Morality... I love listening to them because they seem to have the most fun. But my question is who are these guys? are they just regular cops or are they some sort of undercover detectives or something? because everything i hear from these guys is some kind of surveillance or the occasional take down or raid. does anyone know what it exactly is that they do and/or who they are?

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I think that they are the drug guys...

In York, the ERU channel has a lot of fun on it.... and actually, they have fun on the Support channel as well (RIDE programs, traffic units, etc).

acidburnn

sweet i have york programmed into my scanner but hardly listen to it since im mostly in peel but i will look into it more now that you mentioned that

hypersight

acidburnn said:
This morning there was some action on PRP Morality... I love listening to them because they seem to have the most fun. But my question is who are these guys? are they just regular cops or are they some sort of undercover detectives or something? because everything i hear from these guys is some kind of surveillance or the occasional take down or raid. does anyone know what it exactly is that they do and/or who they are?

They are part of CIB.

danimac67

I picked up PRP Morality one night when I had a stop-over at one of the airport hotels.
It was really fascinating listening to them.

VE3RADIO

I listen to them often as well, they are a ton of fun to listen too.. if your digital the OPP often work in a similar fashion on the intelligence channels that are sometimes encrypted and sometimes in the clear... on another note.. i noticed prpd morality has been using digital lately.. and its in the clear..

pathalogical

Don't forget the Toronto police tactical (not ETF) units as well. Heard the funniest lingo on one of their details once. I laughed so much I nearly whizzed myself ! Heard the same kind of ops on the RCMP freqs.

VE3RADIO

Yeah.. when the officers say that the suspect has the option to "hop on the lady" he isnt being sexual.. just letting the others know that the suspect could get on the QEW :) LOL

acidburnn

WZ1 said:
Yeah.. when the officers say that the suspect has the option to "hop on the lady" he isnt being sexual.. just letting the others know that the suspect could get on the QEW :) LOL

haha nice

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
WZ1 said:
i noticed prpd morality has been using digital lately.. and its in the clear..

That wont last very long now... CIB will be going to digital as well in the next few months. Once the problems have been ironed out on the encryption with the Peel System.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Chrome69 said:
Once the problems have been ironed out on the encryption with the Peel System.

Hard to believe that Peel's having problems with encryption since the Intel guys and Airport RCMP officers use it on a regular basis.

What information do you have?

hypersight

WZ1 said:
and my mother told me im cool.. and she would know.

Hey hey, be nice now. Just give Chrome a chance. He did mention in the next few months CIB will be encrypted. We will just have to wait and see for ourselves.
If it's anybody we should be picking on, it's you - for telling us that NRPS is running clear channels.:)

hypersight

That wont last very long now... CIB will be going to digital as well in the next few months. Once the problems have been ironed out on the encryption with the Peel System.

I heard some testing on TG 16752 (not listed in the DB) in digital mode on the Peel system. One side of the conversation was encryptyed. This was about 3:45PM yesterday afternoon. Perhaps this is what you are talking about?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Just because someone tells you something doesn't make it so.

I was told that the Hamilton system would be fully digital and encrypted by April of this year. Obviously not the case.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
maybe we should make a sticky or something, Not to Discuss any Undercover TG's on any system... Yes a few of PRP guys come to this board along with ScanOnt and read what you guys listen to..... I am sure York and TPS has a few as well... PM would be much better to discuss matters such as this... ;)

Hypersight: I can not comment on this topic any further....

Status
Not open for further replies.