PRS-600 Power Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walsmith

I have a "used" GRE PSR-600 that is having problems turning on. When I turn it on the light flashes, goes black and all I hear is a clicking sound. It take A LOT of trying just to get it on, so I never turn in off. Any idea what might be wrong.
PS: I cannot afford a new one.

R

retiredmich

Just for the heck of it, SMACK IT ! may be you'll jar something & it will quit, what do you have to loose ?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have a "used" GRE PSR-600 that is having problems turning on. When I turn it on the light flashes, goes black and all I hear is a clicking sound. It take A LOT of trying just to get it on, so I never turn in off. Any idea what might be wrong.

How does the power switch feel?

Sent via Tapatalk

ScannerSK

Are you using the GRE wall adapter to power the scanner? If not the adapter should be rated at 13.8V and at least 600mA. It sounds as if some part of the circuit is not receiving the correct voltage.

Shawn

Walsmith

PSR-600 Power Problem (Dead)

Thanks for the help. This morning I found the radio "dead". It won't turn on and there is no sounds at all. The switch is ok and I have the right power supply. I'll try buying another supply, but it was fun while it lasted. Again, thanks for the help.

ScannerSK

Thanks for the help. This morning I found the radio "dead". It won't turn on and there is no sounds at all. The switch is ok and I have the right power supply. I'll try buying another supply, but it was fun while it lasted. Again, thanks for the help.

Sometimes the power supply jack comes unsoldered from the board which can make for weak power or intermittent connection to the scanner. Maybe try wiggling the power jack around when it is plugged in to see if that makes a difference.

If you have a volt meter you can measure the voltage of your adapter before buying a new one. My adapter measures around 20-21 VDC when not under load.

Don't discard the scanner. It may be a simple fix and at worst it is definitely worth something to someone for parts on e-Bay.

Shawn

Walsmith

PSR-600 Still Dead

I've tried moving the power plug, no change. Cannot seem to locate my volt-meter at this time. Where ever it is I've not looked there yet.
Thank For The Help.

Walsmith

PSR-600 Power Problem

Good news everyone. The new power supply (AC Adaptor) came in and the radio turned on and started working like new. Just another case of a bad power supply. Thanks for your help and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.