PRWN Interop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once a week or so I like to run the Simulcast A wildcard to see what comes up, and today I discovered what appears to be a new talkgroup being used for interop. If this is already a known TG please let me know.

It is TG 2852.

It seems to be used as a "go-between" for PPD and other agencies, AS WELL as other agencies talking TO EACHOTHER. For example, today I heard DPS patched through to Scottsdale PD for a search, and Phoenix had nothing to do with it other than the Phoenix radio op making the patch for them. I heard Mesa PD patching to Surprise also. Earlier Mesa had done a test and was able to talk to every agency in the valley that I am aware of including oddball systems like Tolleson, Goodyear, and Peoria.

I guess the PRWN makes for a convenient tool for any given valley agency to talk to another agency easily, since it has pretty broad coverage.

Has anyone else monitored this TG before?

karldotcom

My buddy texted me a couple months ago saying he heard a Crime Broadcast from Chandler on it....something that was 1 minute old and involved a lot of firearms....and that it was analog, so he assumed a lot of other agencies were patched into it

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 2852 is referred to as the PASP (Public Safety Answering Point) talkgroup. This talkgroup is used for relaying emergency traffic between agencies. Talkgroups 2852 and 2872 are often patched together. Depending on how the patch is set up by the dispatcher, will define on which talkgroup your scanner will stop. These are great talkgroups to have in your scanlist at all times.

I found some interesting documents about PSAP on the Chandler and Peoria websites:
http://www.chandlerpd.com/gos/E06-com6.pdf
http://www.peoriaaz.gov/PoliceDepartment/administration/docs/policy_manual/8_01A.pdf

Thanks. That was very interesting reading. This is a lot of information and I can see this will be a challenge for radio ops to remember.

Guys in the field are not generally going to know what is possible offhand (who they can patch too, etc.). The reason I say this is that listening to interops so far, most people talking don't understand who they can talk to and who they can't. It seems a lot of training will need to take place to change the current situation, although I am hearing interops go better now than in the past.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
All of the submitted Interop TG's are found under the "Mutual Aid/Intersystem talkgroups" heading on the PRWIN TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.