Pseg

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to pick up pseg for south jersey Camden county nj but it’s quiet Do they still use that system

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the P25 trunked system programmed or the old motorola smartzone system?

They migrated to the P25 system in the recent past.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the P25 trunked system programmed or the old motorola smartzone system?

They migrated to the P25 system in the recent past.
I have it programmed to the p25 trunk system and I here nothing and what site should I have installed on it I have main simulcast installed I’m inBurlington county New Jersey In Mount laurel new Jersey

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Based upon the information in the database, you're not likely to hear this system at all. The nearest transmitter site to you is in Somerset County and only shows a coverage area of a few miles. The main simulcast only covers the northeast part of the state according to the most updated submissions.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Search 935-940 MHz and see if you come across any Motorola or P25 trunked control channels.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
If you are using the Uniden Sentinal software I found that it does not work when I select the PSEG P25 system under Camden County. I think I selected the listing under Burlington County and it worked. Taking a quick look, they look the same, but maybe a setting is wrong for Camden. I never had a chance to compare them to figure out what is wrong. I think the RR database is missing sites because I pick it up near Voorhees on an attic antenna.

GM

Premium Subscriber
The database is up to date 100%, as I personally verified all of the information (freqs, talkgroups, and individual sites) prior to submission. Depending on the type of scanner being used, it could be an LSM receive issue. Lovescanner had this issue with his BCD325P2 in the Elizabeth area, despite having Fort Lee and Main Simulcast sites within 5 miles of his residence. He ended up purchasing an SDS 100, and his coverage improved 1000% better on the PSE&G P25 TRS. The Main Simulcast site(s) use CQPSK modulation, whereas the other sites use C4FM modulation, which in turn affects how the older scanners decode the control channel and pass the voice on the scanner.

As a side note, the Main Simulcast covers an area that runs along the NJ Turnpike, from the Elizabeth area (Exit 13-A), all the way down into Moorestown (Exit 4), so it could be the scanner being used is not up to par with decoding the CQPSK style of P25 communications.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
I now see Moorestown under misc in the database. It wasn’t under sites so I did not notice it. I can confirm it it’s fine where I’m at in Camden County so the OP should be hearing it. I just had the weird bug when I let sentinel program it.

ansky

What does PSE&G use that system for? There was some discussion on here a long time ago and I remember someone had reported that they no longer use radios as their primary means of communication.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
I usually hear some electric and appliance repair. I found it boring so I don’t really listen to it.

From working with both the gas and electric groups I only see electric with the mobiles. Gas seems to use cell phones. I see the electric guys using the phone a lot. They will have the radio on external speaker but I’ve never seen them physically talk into it.

They use MDT’s for their work tickets so that cuts down on a lot of radio traffic.

These are my observations for the Audubon Gas Div and Electric in the same areas. May vary throughout the state.

NParkNJ

On the Road
What does PSE&G use that system for? There was some discussion on here a long time ago and I remember someone had reported that they no longer use radios as their primary means of communication.

You could be thinking William Paterson PD? Last year, and officially this past school year, moved to NJICS.

They used to use the old Analog TRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM

Premium Subscriber
The TRS is used for Gas, Electric, and Generating Divisions. All personnel in these Divisions have access to radios used on the system; however, it should be noted that depending on which Union represents the workers, that will determine whether PTT phones are used as primary, or the two-way radios. MDT's are used with all Divisions, and that does minimize the amount of radio traffic. Electric and Gas Divisions all have UHF P25 portable radios that cross-band into the 900 MHz P25 TRS, so you might see some of the workers with Motorola APX6000's that are UHF.

PSE&G Nuclear in Salem County has a separate TRS that is still analog and currently not linked to the main PSE&G P25 Simulcast system. The Nuclear TRS is seldom used and when it is used, it's for when the Reactor is shut down for Maint. or other activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.