PSERN Kick Off 1/27

PACNWDude

Thank you for posting, I get better updates from RR than from official channels at times. Like in this case.

PACNWDude

You can (anyone) subscribe to their updates.....
Yes, thank you for posting for public visibility. My issue is that I am supposed to get these "from the horses mouth" with part of the network I administer being tied directly to PSERN/ValleyCom and Sno911. Sno911 keeps me in the loop and PSERN lags a bit.

superfreak

Yes, thank you for posting for public visibility. My issue is that I am supposed to get these "from the horses mouth" with part of the network I administer being tied directly to PSERN/ValleyCom and Sno911. Sno911 keeps me in the loop and PSERN lags a bit.
I do?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
A bit off topic....

I'm contemplating starting a sell-off of (some anyway) of my 100s and 200s.
I actually sold a 100 this week. :-(.

Come holiday time, they are going to go quiet it seems.
(If LE is your gig)

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Update:
  • Radio Deployment Paused: The Project is experiencing significant delays in the progress of radio programming so the deployment of radios has stopped until more radio templates are ready. Implementation of a new workflow process to streamline programming activities should improve the pace and the Project looks forward to resuming deployment soon!

SeaTrane

I am moving to this area in Aug 22. Will my poor OLD Pro 107 work at all under the KCERS as it stands now? When I get a digital scanner will it work with the PSERN? I am not well versed on all of this, I just like to listen to Police/Fire/ EMS calls on a hand held easy to use radio.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I am moving to this area in Aug 22. Will my poor OLD Pro 107 work at all under the KCERS as it stands now? When I get a digital scanner will it work with the PSERN? I am not well versed on all of this, I just like to listen to Police/Fire/ EMS calls on a hand held easy to use radio.

KCERS is the currently operational Motorola (analog simulcast ) 800 system in King Co. As long as you have a trunking capable radio, you can listen.

What is discussed here is PSERN, the new P25 II system that has been (mostly) installed and tested. Handhelds and mobiles are being deployed in waves. Google PSERN for more info and any updates.

Bottom line: listen to KCERS while you can. It is going to be replaced with PSERN (and I assume decommissioned?). And.... it has been said it will be encrypted. So, once Law moves over there, you (and everyone) won't be able to listen to diddly.

Last edited:

SeaTrane

@ nesset ; For some reason your reply is now showing. Ok just got it. Thanks for your reply, no new radio for me I guess.

Last edited:

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
What is discussed here is PSERN, the new P25 II system that has been (mostly) installed and tested. Handhelds and mobiles are being deployed in waves. Google PSERN for more info and any updates.

No, this is not accurate. Deployment never really happened and has been severely delayed. Wave 1 deployment is scheduled "no earlier" than 5/18 and SFD/SPD won't transition any earlier than November. It's likely not going to be up and running (with users) until summer/fall at the earliest.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I am moving to this area in Aug 22. Will my poor OLD Pro 107 work at all under the KCERS as it stands now?

Yes.
When I get a digital scanner will it work with the PSERN?

Only if it supports Phase 2 P25 trunking. So it has to be a Whistler TRX 1/2, Uniden 325P2, 996P2, 436/536 or SDS 100/200. You can also use your computer at the cost of roughly $100 for a USB dongle and software. The obvious downside is that this is not very portable (even when using a laptop.)

ww7ch

Feed Provider
No, this is not accurate. Deployment never really happened and has been severely delayed. Wave 1 deployment is scheduled "no earlier" than 5/18 and SFD/SPD won't transition any earlier than November. It's likely not going to be up and running (with users) until summer/fall at the earliest.

Not surprising. Most major manufacturers (Mot, Cisco, HPE, etc.) have multiple-month backlogs on order deliveries, which I'm sure has something to do with it.