PSERN live

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Last week, I didn't have SDRTrunk up (I was busy on a project), so I'm not sure when, but Sound Transit Link Light Rail is now live.
Lots of traffic between trains and dispatch this morning on the 1 line.
TG 03753, 03755, 03759, - multiple others.

Hopefully, when I have some more time, I can pin down the TGs better.
Time for a team effort getting the TGs figured out and into RR....

Tortue

Premium Subscriber
Been having great reception with site 1/27 "King County West" throughout Seattle Metro area. I haven't traveled further south than Michigan Ave or further north than Northgate, but reception has been excellent inside of large buildings as well as outdoors.
I'm using a knob position for just 1/27 and another for a full site list. So far, 1/27 is locking in within a second or two.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
If you take the "new" talk groups numbers you are seeing on PSERN, and multiply them by 16, you will see that talk group assignment over on KCERS.

The Motorola Type II systems used talk groups divisible by 16, but the P-25 systems don't.

- Chris

freqseeker

Premium Subscriber
If you take the "new" talk groups numbers you are seeing on PSERN, and multiply them by 16, you will see that talk group assignment over on KCERS.

The Motorola Type II systems used talk groups divisible by 16, but the P-25 systems don't.

- Chris
Great tip. So for example KCSO SW 23280 would be 1455 on PSERN.
Thank you Chris.

twem2

Premium Subscriber
Seattle Public Utilities have switched over, as of this morning.

I got some testing which identifies some TGs more precisely than the database has for the KCERS equivalent.