PSIC vs SLERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
To clear this up (smear with mud) - i sent a query to the SLERS management group (Florida DMS) today.

PSIC (this system = https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5837)

is in *NO WAY* associated with the current SLERS or SLERS 2.0.

I found this to be an interesting reply from DMS, but I thought I would share that to dispel some of the rumors going around.

doug

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, though, could be aircraft sites. We taxpayers footing that bill still...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
DMS is correct, PSIC has nothing to do with SLERS (current or 2.0) and are not aircraft sites.
It's access and utilization is not a state owned resource.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
This is all very strange because I’m hearing an active K-9 track between Lake Worth PD(assuming they’re on Palm Beach County’s encrypted P25 system), PBSO and FHP on Brevard County’s EDACS system on TG:765 (PSIC 2 on our system if I’m not mistaken). Roads mentioned were Overlook Rd and Mentone RD in Hypoluxo(Palm Beach County). Definitely P25 audio coming over our analog freqs through the patch. FHP sounds VERY similar to PBSO and doesn’t sound like your normal ProVoice/ProVoice encrypted you’d expect from them. I’ve got audio snippets saved to review later.

Couple spitballing ideas that came to mind:
-FHP is using the SLERS P25 sites(probably not since they should be aircraft) and patching into metro areas through PSIC
-There’s a patch between FHP PV SLERS and PSIC
-FHP has PBSO’s P25 system in their P7*** rigs and are running in FDMA mode

5c3e8927133e7bc0042673460c726e8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srich10

Premium Subscriber
This is all very strange because I’m hearing an active K-9 track between Lake Worth PD(assuming they’re on Palm Beach County’s encrypted P25 system), PBSO and FHP on Brevard County’s EDACS system on TG:765 (PSIC 2 on our system if I’m not mistaken). Roads mentioned were Overlook Rd and Mentone RD in Hypoluxo(Palm Beach County). Definitely P25 audio coming over our analog freqs through the patch. FHP sounds VERY similar to PBSO and doesn’t sound like your normal ProVoice/ProVoice encrypted you’d expect from them. I’ve got audio snippets saved to review later.

Couple spitballing ideas that came to mind:
-FHP is using the SLERS P25 sites(probably not since they should be aircraft) and patching into metro areas through PSIC
-There’s a patch between FHP PV SLERS and PSIC
-FHP has PBSO’s P25 system in their P7*** rigs and are running in FDMA mode

5c3e8927133e7bc0042673460c726e8f.jpg

As an update to my thread: on our Brevard County System, I’m seeing a console UID # of 586 for all transmissions on our system, regardless of the user transmitting. Must be a PSIC radio they’ve patched to simulcast our to our analog system. VERY interesting

wsmoore

Database Admin
Doug, PSIC is just a 3 channel mutual aid overlay for the RSDTF in Florida . It looks like the just used the Lake County system id. Of coarse they maybe using the core too. Not for sure. The St.John's site was supposed to be in Jacksonville at first but Harris raised a stink so they tranfered the grant to St. John's. So not sure if they did that because of Lee or it was a strategic thing. Shep

So to add my two cents worth to the conversation I spoke to a CI tech today who works on SLERS and he explained to me how all this is tied together. SLERS has access to PSIC 1-4 on their consoles through a patch back into the Lake County system. Lake host the motorola core that runs PSIC. Ex.. Lake's trunked sys id is 292 and PSIC's trunked SYS ID is 292. PSIC is an extension of the Lake trunked system all over the state. SLERS has access to only four of the 16 channels for interchangeability purposes. SLERS dispatch just puts a patch on the console in place as well as the locals and it joins all parties together on a common group.

Ok to clear up a few things...

FHP does not have PBSO system in the FHP radios because 90% of FHP's radios are P7100's which are not P25 and only featured for EDACS with ESK and pro voice.

FHP is not using any aircraft sites on the ground, since the radios in the cars are mostly EDACS only. PSIC is not in any State owned radios its a console only patch that every agency has access to that wishes to.

This was all told to me today by a CI tech who works specifically for SLERS so I have no reason to think otherwise about what he has to say..

Hope this helps to clear the muddy water,Doug above is correct the state doesnt have a dog in the fight for say financially with PSIC. This is the regions who wish to contribute to the overlay effort.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Just another taxpayer funded mudhole.

My 2 cents.

Sorry, but that's another mother M gotcha. State or not, money has to pay for it somehow, it's not a free ride for anyone who joins it to use it. Someone has to pick up the tab.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

trooper890

Ok, so if Floridascanman is correct, and it seems like pretty good info:

Harris EDACS (state) linked to Lake Co P25 Motorola, linked to Brevard County Harris EDACS and PBSO units using the PSIC overlay via P25 radios.

Man, what a "M gotcha" :rolleyes:

How could these vendors and agencies possibly fathom working together for better capability! Oh, well it looks like that's exactly what they've done.

jeffdafoe

Were you hearing on the Brevard system or the Broward system? I was listening to this also. PBC's P25 had the traffic on one of the unencrypted LEComm channels, as per norm for interagency issues. FHP was patched into that via the PBC system (the dispatcher mentioned this). Broward was patched in also (don't know on what TG on their side) because the incident started in their jurisdiction.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Were you hearing on the Brevard system or the Broward system? I was listening to this also. PBC's P25 had the traffic on one of the unencrypted LEComm channels, as per norm for interagency issues. FHP was patched into that via the PBC system (the dispatcher mentioned this). Broward was patched in also (don't know on what TG on their side) because the incident started in their jurisdiction.

I was hearing all this talk between Lake Worth, FHP and Palm Beach County on the BREVARD county EDACS system. From what I’m gathering, we’ve got a PSIC radio patched into our EDACS system here in Brevard monitoring the PSIC channels and we were hearing their traffic up here

jeffdafoe

Makes sense... after PBC dropped the patch, I heard FHP on one of the PSC interagency TGs.. after that incident, I filed a ticket to get the RR PSIC alpha groups copied over to the descriptions where the descriptions are empty. That ticket is done. I'm using a SDS-100 so now I'll be able to see that info and not just the TG #.

Status
Not open for further replies.