Psp 500 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I heard the Chambersburg Barraks communicating with a unit designated as 500 today ,I believe they said Harrisburg 500. Anyone know what that unit is. Sounds like more than just a patrol unit as they usually go by a car number or sometime rank .

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I heard the Chambersburg Barraks communicating with a unit designated as 500 today ,I believe they said Harrisburg 500. Anyone know what that unit is. Sounds like more than just a patrol unit as they usually go by a car number or sometime rank .

500 series units are the crime scene guys, if I recall correctly.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Bethlehem Troop M1 has a 500 as well, Just curious of the "900 units". Normally calling into Fogelsville on CH. B

The 900 series units are the former PennDOT Motor Carrier Enforcement units. They were transferred to PSPin January 2005. They drive full size vans painted dark gray with black and gold stripes and a PSP logo on the door. When they were under PennDOT, they just had amber lights on top. Now that they work for PSP, they have red/blue lights on top. The job title is still Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer. They're not troopers, but civilian personnel with limited law enforcement powers. They do commercial truck inspections and the like.

Ben

ctrabs74

The 900 series units are the former PennDOT Motor Carrier Enforcement units. They were transferred to PSPin January 2005. They drive full size vans painted dark gray with black and gold stripes and a PSP logo on the door. When they were under PennDOT, they just had amber lights on top.

Are they assigned to specific stations? I've never heard any 900-units operating in Chester County.

Status
Not open for further replies.