PSP CH.B Base..Phone Dialing Tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got the PSP chnls in my fav's...
about 6-8 times this morning ive heard tones like a phone being dialed..
first time it was actually 7 digits,,but its been just 3 and 4 digits also..

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I had the same thing the other day on PSP F Base along Rt 80, west of State College. Only heard it once then never heard it again.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I don't know if it is related but all week I have been hearing radio testing on the Ch. A in the Easton Area.

i should have learned phone phreaking,,id know those tones dag-nabbit...lol...

curoius though,,testing could be right on...interesting that you caught it too
on the base side..

JimBobTerp

I don't know if it is related but all week I have been hearing radio testing on the Ch. A in the Easton Area.

Question for you. I live in the Easton Area. Have u been hear this weird noise on Base and Mobile on the old PSP Channel A?? Let me know what one and I will program those in my radio and see if I can maybe find out what is going on in the Easton Area.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Let my radio record last night and the Media station used VHF pretty much from 0000-0600 Nice to hear those voices again.

SWEET..

going to patch in the roof antenna and grab a couple 9v batts for the gre super amp..

ive heard very little in the way of PSP comms..interested to hear what theyre up to...

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Before you head up, I have not logged them since 6am.... Might have been a maintenance thing on some starnet sites or the like that pushed them over just last night.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
158.76 had a 123 tone.
This might have skipped in from Harrisburg who had a repeater online in the 90's but I do not know the recent history of this freq in that area. Never hear PSP on it here. I think it's a BM PW channel in our region.

154.755 had 186

Check!
caught a handful of the same last night..630ish to midnight maybe...not sure where,,may have been CH-B..I may have caught E also...

Tones,,And i may be daffy,,but i could swear i heard some background voice chatter,,,

Ill try to be a bit more diligent to catch more specifics..

Also wondering what the tones are...

Last edited:

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
From the brief times I was actually listening yesterday, it sounded like PSP in the New Castle area was primarily on VHF. They referenced an Ops 2 channel, but I could only hear the dispatcher.

kirkwoodcr

Premium Subscriber
From the brief times I was actually listening yesterday, it sounded like PSP in the New Castle area was primarily on VHF. They referenced an Ops 2 channel, but I could only hear the dispatcher.

Troop D was running on D Base VHF and indicating their radios don't work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.