PSP H-Burg Dispatch Center Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECHO3

Yesterday in cooperation with Troop M(Bethlehem), the Harrisburg Dispatch Center ran several "tests" in the VHF mode. Tests included answering telephone calls at the HDC that were made to Troop M and dispatching units. Similar to the NJSP and PTC, PSP units may (?) soon be using a four digit#, e.g. Harriburg 13, for example only, may be something like 3513. The operations were subsequently turned back to Troop M and the "test" was deemed successful.
I do not know the purpose of this "test" as the HDC will not be the the primary dispatch center for Troop M.

Last edited:

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I thought Bethlehem was Troop M. Nonetheless I believe the PSP communications plan calls for all calltaking and dispatching at a CDC eventually. However I would have thought that the Norristown CDC would have been the closer place to handle Bethlehem. That was just my random thoughts on the subject, I ddn't hear the test so I can't really comment any further on what they actually did.

ctrabs74

Mattsenft said:
I thought Bethlehem was Troop M. Nonetheless I believe the PSP communications plan calls for all calltaking and dispatching at a CDC eventually. However I would have thought that the Norristown CDC would have been the closer place to handle Bethlehem. That was just my random thoughts on the subject, I ddn't hear the test so I can't really comment any further on what they actually did.

Then again, I would've thought the Chester County stations (Avondale and Embreeville) would also be dispatched out of Norristown CDC, but because they're out of Troop J (Lancaster), they get to be dispatched by Harrisburg CDC. That said, I think Harrisburg was doing a test from its station to Troop M; several months ago, I heard what I thought was communications that said "Philadelphia xx from Harrisburg" so it's still possible that Troop M will be dispatched out of Norristown - just as the Berks County stations (Hamburg and Reading) presently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.