PSP Lancaster County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrabs74

Around 17:00 last night, I heard some odd transmissions on PSP A Channel. After a few minutes, and much to my surprise, I was able to determine that this was PSP Lancaster/Eprhata, though some of the traffic was choppy given my location. Once I heard a reference to Rapho (which is near the Lebanon County border and in PSP Ephrata territory), it confirmed what I had suspected.There was some pretty steady radio traffic on PSP A Base during the late afternoon; perhaps someone else out in Lancaster County can confirm this.

I guess the troopers out in Lancaster County haven't exactly written off the VHF completely.

The interesting part is that I was able to pick this up in West Chester. I was hardly able to get PSP Lancaster County from work in Downingtown; but I was able to get them on VHF from West Chester (along with an occasional choppy xmit from 33.90 - Lancaster Fire Dispatch).

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wow, must have been good tropo last night. It sounds like Ctrabs can hardly get anything from his location, and I know sometimes 33.90 barely comes in even in the Denver/Stevens, PA area just off the turnpike.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
PSP stations using the OpenSky radios will switch back to VHF if they encounter coverage dead spots or if there is a network outage for maintenance, upgrades, or some other reason.

PSP Reading and Hamburg cars can still be heard on the VHF periodically reporting dead spots that need to be addressed. After they handle the call in the problem coverage area, they'll switch back to 800 until they find another dead spot.

ab3ai

Occasionally, I hear Harrisburg dispatching on Mobile to Mobile (at least that's the way it sounds) and oddly enough on CH B.

Steveradio

I pick-up Harrisburg CDC on CH B quiet often calling Harrisburg units, and few others once in awhile depending if Norristown CDC is cutting them out.

I still p/up Reading/Hamburg on CH.E it was reported they switched but still plenty of traffic on the repeater.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.