• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PSP TAC East, DelCo. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
329
Location
Philly burbs
The PSP TAC East frequency on 156.15 mHz is one sided. I'm hearing a PSP helicopter talking to ground units but I don't hear their comms.

What am I missing? Low power or a frequency?

And for what it's worth, PSP TAC West on 154.95 mHz has always been silent (in the Media vicinity).

Thanks,

Andy
 

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
2,371
Location
West of the Atlantic Ocean
156.150 is a simplex frequency. You're just not close enough to the ground units to hear them. On the way home from OCNJ tonight, I heard PSP actually working in Delaware. From high atop the Commodore Barry Bridge, I could hear both air and ground (ground units were very broken, though). It was definitely PSP. The voices were very familiar.

Tac-West is 154.905 and it is not silent in southeastern PA. This frequency is also simplex, so you would encounter the same as above...only hear the air unit unless the op is in your general vicinity.
 

ctrabs74

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
799
Location
California, PA
Boomeranger said:
The PSP TAC East frequency on 156.15 mHz is one sided. I'm hearing a PSP helicopter talking to ground units but I don't hear their comms.

What am I missing? Low power or a frequency?
It's the same set-up as PSP ground units. You won't be able to hear the mobile units, but you're able to hear the other side. FWIW, there was a armed robbery of 2 Amish people in East Earl, Lancaster County, and PSP Embreeville put out a BOLO for the suspects but I don't think it was related to what you heard. Do you recall what was said?
 

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
329
Location
Philly burbs
ctrabs74 said:
It's the same set-up as PSP ground units. You won't be able to hear the mobile units, but you're able to hear the other side. FWIW, there was a armed robbery of 2 Amish people in East Earl, Lancaster County, and PSP Embreeville put out a BOLO for the suspects but I don't think it was related to what you heard. Do you recall what was said?

ctrabs74,

It's periodic comms that involve the helicopter following actors in cars and on foot, etc., feeding location info to the ground units.

I figured kinda/sorta it was a proximity issue.

Thanks,

Andy
 

druhe

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
534
Location
Southwest Pa
Pl ??

Ben,

What PL do you have for these two ? For some reason I have it listed as 123.0 and I'm not sure or should I say can not remember why





benrussellpa said:
156.150 is a simplex frequency. You're just not close enough to the ground units to hear them. On the way home from OCNJ tonight, I heard PSP actually working in Delaware. From high atop the Commodore Barry Bridge, I could hear both air and ground (ground units were very broken, though). It was definitely PSP. The voices were very familiar.

Tac-West is 154.905 and it is not silent in southeastern PA. This frequency is also simplex, so you would encounter the same as above...only hear the air unit unless the op is in your general vicinity.
 

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
956
Location
Lebanon, Pa.
druhe said:
Ben,

What PL do you have for these two ? For some reason I have it listed as 123.0 and I'm not sure or should I say can not remember why

PSP MOBILE 154.75500 PL 186.2

NATIONAL 155.47500 PL 0.0

PSP TAC 1 155.46000 PL 186.2
PSP TAC 2 151.49000 PL 186.2

PSP HT-HT 159.21000 PL 0.0

PSP TAC 3 155.79000 PL 123.0
PSP TAC 4 EAST 156.15000 PL 123.0
PSP TAC 5 WEST 154.90500 PL 123.0
PSP TAC 6 ENC 159.03000 PL 123.0 / DEC - NO PL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top