PSP TAC East, DelCo. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The PSP TAC East frequency on 156.15 mHz is one sided. I'm hearing a PSP helicopter talking to ground units but I don't hear their comms.

What am I missing? Low power or a frequency?

And for what it's worth, PSP TAC West on 154.95 mHz has always been silent (in the Media vicinity).

Thanks,

Andy

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
156.150 is a simplex frequency. You're just not close enough to the ground units to hear them. On the way home from OCNJ tonight, I heard PSP actually working in Delaware. From high atop the Commodore Barry Bridge, I could hear both air and ground (ground units were very broken, though). It was definitely PSP. The voices were very familiar.

Tac-West is 154.905 and it is not silent in southeastern PA. This frequency is also simplex, so you would encounter the same as above...only hear the air unit unless the op is in your general vicinity.

ctrabs74

Boomeranger said:
The PSP TAC East frequency on 156.15 mHz is one sided. I'm hearing a PSP helicopter talking to ground units but I don't hear their comms.

What am I missing? Low power or a frequency?

It's the same set-up as PSP ground units. You won't be able to hear the mobile units, but you're able to hear the other side. FWIW, there was a armed robbery of 2 Amish people in East Earl, Lancaster County, and PSP Embreeville put out a BOLO for the suspects but I don't think it was related to what you heard. Do you recall what was said?

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ctrabs74 said:
It's the same set-up as PSP ground units. You won't be able to hear the mobile units, but you're able to hear the other side. FWIW, there was a armed robbery of 2 Amish people in East Earl, Lancaster County, and PSP Embreeville put out a BOLO for the suspects but I don't think it was related to what you heard. Do you recall what was said?

ctrabs74,

It's periodic comms that involve the helicopter following actors in cars and on foot, etc., feeding location info to the ground units.

I figured kinda/sorta it was a proximity issue.

Thanks,

Andy

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Pl ??

Ben,

What PL do you have for these two ? For some reason I have it listed as 123.0 and I'm not sure or should I say can not remember why

benrussellpa said:
156.150 is a simplex frequency. You're just not close enough to the ground units to hear them. On the way home from OCNJ tonight, I heard PSP actually working in Delaware. From high atop the Commodore Barry Bridge, I could hear both air and ground (ground units were very broken, though). It was definitely PSP. The voices were very familiar.

Tac-West is 154.905 and it is not silent in southeastern PA. This frequency is also simplex, so you would encounter the same as above...only hear the air unit unless the op is in your general vicinity.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
druhe said:
Ben,

What PL do you have for these two ? For some reason I have it listed as 123.0 and I'm not sure or should I say can not remember why

PSP MOBILE 154.75500 PL 186.2

NATIONAL 155.47500 PL 0.0

PSP TAC 1 155.46000 PL 186.2
PSP TAC 2 151.49000 PL 186.2

PSP HT-HT 159.21000 PL 0.0

PSP TAC 3 155.79000 PL 123.0
PSP TAC 4 EAST 156.15000 PL 123.0
PSP TAC 5 WEST 154.90500 PL 123.0
PSP TAC 6 ENC 159.03000 PL 123.0 / DEC - NO PL

Status
Not open for further replies.