PSP VHF use in the Midstate

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinzep491

Hey everyone.

I'm originally from the Harrisburg area and am back for the holidays. I was wondering if there is still any occasional traffic in the Dauphin County area on the old lowband frequencies.

I've read that PSP in other parts of the state still revert back to vhf as needed or as a car to car channel.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case in anywhere in the midstate? It's safe to assume that Opensky has stronger infrastructure in the Hbg area since alot of state agencies are centered here, so I understand that the need to use VHF may be less frequent here over other places in the Commonwealth.

I'm just checking if anyone can confirm recent activity on the old channels.

Scan on.

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Out west some of the cars park on tac-1 now and use it for informal car-car traffic.

Frank

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
They do not use the VFH Low any more but they do use the VHF High on 154.755 Car-Car and the Tac channels for Air to ground etc.

phillydjdan

Just this past weekend I traveled the turnpike from Bedford to Philadelphia, and the turnpike channels were in use the whole way. From what I understand, the turnpike commission operates separately from PSP, and they have not joined the OpenSky system at all yet, from what I understand. And you are correct about low band. Any PennDot trucks that once used low band either use the 800 T/A channel or CBs. How's that for interopability? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.